Metrobus services to East Grinstead
Show your bus ticket or key card to get up to £2.50 off your Bluebell Railway train fare.
Direct buses to the Bluebell Railway at East Grinstead Station run from:
- Ashurst Wood - routes 270 & 291.
- Burgess Hill - route 270 (on Saturdays alight at Horsted Keynes Station - see below)
- Brighton - route 270 (on Saturdays alight at Horsted Keynes Station - see below)
- Caterham - route 400 (short walk from East Grinstead Fire Station stop)
- Copthorne - routes 281, 291 & 400 (short walk from East Grinstead Fire Station stop)
- Crawley - routes 84, 281, 291 & 400 (short walk away from East Grinstead Fire Stn stop)
- Crawley Down - routes 281 & 291
- Dormansland - route 281
- Forest Row - routes 270 & 291
- Godstone - route 400 (short walk from East Grinstead Fire Station stop)
- Groombridge - route 291
- Hartfield - route 291
- Haywards Heath - route 270 (on Saturdays alight at Horsted Keynes Station - see below)
- Horley - route 400 (short walk from East Grinstead Fire Station stop)
- Lingfield - route 281 (short walk from Brooklands Way stop)
- Redhill - route 400 (short walk from East Grinstead Fire Station stop)
- Tunbridge Wells - route 291
- Turners Hill - route 84 (at Brooklands Way)
On Saturdays, most route 270 journeys also serve Horsted Keynes Station, ideal for visitors from Brighton, Burgess Hill & Haywards Heath. The 270 also serves Haywards Heath Station on the Brighton main line.
Timetables, maps and fares for the routes listed above can be found at www.metrobus.co.uk
Show your Metrobus ticket or key card and get all-line travel on the Bluebell Railway for £13.50 adult £6.80 Child
Haywards Heath to Horsted Keynes Station
Metrobus Service 270 operates every Saturday from Haywards Heath to East Grinstead travelling via the Bluebell's Horsted Keynes Station.
The timetable can be found on the following link:
Please note that West Sussex County Council have withdrawn all subsidy on evening and Sunday services on the 270 route from September 2012.
Lewes to Sheffield Park via Chailey and Newick
121 operates Saturday except public holidays.
Brighton, Hassocks, Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Sheffield Park
769 operates every Sunday from 31st March (Easter Sunday) - 27th October. It also operates 29th March (Good Friday), 1st April (Easter Monday), 6th & 27th May, 26th August and 3rd & 10th November.
|Brighton Old Steine||9.44|
|Patcham Black Lion||9.57|
|Hassocks Stone Pound||10.04|
|Burgess Hill Church Road||10.11|
|Haywards Heath Perrymount Road||10.25||12.40||13.55||15.10||16.15|
|Haywards Heath South Road||10.28||12.43||13.58||15.13||16.18|
|Haywards Heath Princess Royal Hospital||10.30||12.45||14.00||15.15||16.20|
|Scaynes Hill Village Hall||10.36||12.51||14.06||15.21||16.26|
|North Chailey Kings Head||10.41||12.56||14.11||15.26||16.31|
|Sheffield Park Station||10.45||11.45||13.00||14.15||15.30||16.35|
|Sheffield Park Garden||10.50||11.50||13.05||14.20||15.35||16.40|
|Sheffield Park Garden||10.55||11.55||13.10||14.25||15.40||16.45|
|Sheffield Park Station||11.00||12.00||13.15||14.30||15.45||16.50|
|North Chailey Kings Head||12.05||13.20||14.35||15.50||16.55|
|Scaynes Hill Village Hall||12.10||13.25||14.40||15.55||17.00|
|Haywards Heath Princess Royal Hospital||12.16||13.31||14.46||16.01||17.06|
|Haywards Heath South Road||12.18||13.33||14.48||16.03||17.09|
|Haywards Heath Perrymount Road||12.21||13.36||14.51||16.06||17.11|
|Burgess Hill Church Road||17.24|
|Hassocks Stone Pound||17.31|
|Patcham Black Lion||17.38|
|Brighton Old Steine||17.51|