Wealden Rambler Afternoon Tea
A traditional afternoon tea in Sussex as you steam through beautiful countryside.
Relax and unwind as you travel in one of our four comfortable 1950/60’s lounge or restaurant carriages on our dedicated Afternoon Tea train, the Wealden Rambler.
Our traditional Afternoon Tea includes all the favourites, including delicious finger sandwiches, mouthwatering cakes, and scones with jam and clotted cream.
You will have a choice of luxury teas and coffee to enjoy as you take in the surroundings throughout your return trip to East Grinstead from Sheffield Park. The journey is approximately one hour and 45 minutes.
The Wealden Rambler Afternoon Tea service is runs on selected dates throughout the year. Please visit our Timetables and Calendar page to see when this service is running.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to essential work required on “Ashdown”, this coach is being replaced by Southern Railway Manusell carriage No. 1336 until further notice.
PRICES- £60.00 per person/£120.00 for two/£180.00 for three/£240.00 for four.
PRICES- FROM MAY 2023
Price: £65.00 per person
(Table For Two) £130.00 (Table For Three) £195.00 (Table For Four) £260.00
The Wealden Rambler – 2023 dates- NEW DATES ADDED!
MAY: 1st, 4th, 6th, 11th, 13th, 18th, 25th, 27th
JUNE: 8th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 22nd, 24th, 29th
JULY: 6th, 8th, 13th, 15th, 20th, 22nd, 27th, 29th, 30th
The 2023 Wealden Rambler Menu can be found here
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park Station
- Departure times are fixed and we are unable to offer refunds if customers arrive after departure
- We are pleased to advise that we are now able to take card payments on board this service, cash payments are also accepted.
- We’re sorry but we’re unable to offer any discounts for this service
- Tickets will be dispatched 2 weeks prior to travel date
- Tickets are valid for the date and time specified on the ticket only
- We welcome children 5yrs and over on this service. We regret that it isn’t suitable for babies and children under the age of 5. All children must be fully supervised and remain in their seats throughout the journey
- There are toilets at Sheffield Park Station and on the train for this service
- There is free parking at Sheffield Park Station
- Because of the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we regret we are currently unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel during this event, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
- Accessible toilets are available at each station, but we regret we have no “Changing Places” toilets, or accessible toilets on our trains
- Seating is at tables and these are automatically allocated by our booking system.
- We do not allocate tables for use by more than one party.
- If you are booking for a large group, the automatic seating process may not seat you all in the same carriage. If you would like to book for a large group and be seated in the same carriage, please email our Customer Service Team at email@example.com or call on 01825 720800 (10am-3pm)
- We’re sorry but no dogs, other than registered assistance dogs, are allowed on this service