Wealden Rambler Afternoon Tea
A traditional afternoon tea in Sussex as you steam through beautiful countryside.
Relax and unwind as you travel in one of our four comfortable 1950/60’s lounge or restaurant carriages on our dedicated Afternoon Tea train, the Wealden Rambler.
Our traditional Afternoon Tea includes all the favourites, including delicious finger sandwiches, mouthwatering cakes, and scones with jam and clotted cream.
You will have a choice of luxury teas and coffee to enjoy as you take in the surroundings throughout your return trip to East Grinstead from Sheffield Park. The journey is approximately one hour and 45 minutes.
The Wealden Rambler Afternoon Tea service is runs on selected dates throughout the year. Please visit our Timetables and Calendar page to see when this service is running.
Table for 2 – £110.00 | Table for 3 – £165.00 | Table for 4 – £220.00 (£55.00 per person)
Traditional sample menu
Watercress and free range egg mayonnaise
Wiltshire ham with wholegrain mustard
Mature cheddar with red onion chutney
Oak Smoked salmon with a dill cream cheese
Warm sultana scone
with Cornish clotted cream and strawberry preserve
Lemon and blueberry posset shot
Mini blackforest pave
Dairy cream eclair
Butter shortbread biscuit
Please see our full Wealden Rambler 2021 menus for the vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and dairy free options. We are unable to offer any variations to these menus, and please let us know which menu you would like during the booking process.
For your safety:
- Face Coverings – must be worn in public places such as on the platforms, in the museum and SteamWorks! and when boarding or alighting from the trains in accordance to Government guidance. Face coverings can be removed when seated on board, but will need to be worn if passengers leave their seat to use the toilet, and when entering and leaving the train.
- Socially distanced seating – Our onboard seating capacity has been reduced to allow for a comfortable, socially distanced journey. Passengers are asked to remain in their allocated seats throughout the journey, unless they need to leave their seat to use the toilet.
- Table service – All meals are hygienically pre-plated. All our serving staff have been fully trained and will follow the government guidelines for serving of food and drinks.
- We regret that owing to the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel on this service, please call our Customer Services Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
You can find out about all our services and FAQs here.