The Golden Arrow Valentines Day Dining Train
A Special Evening Silver Service Dining For Valentines Day
The Bluebell Railway’s Golden Arrow Valentine’s Evening Dining train is the perfect setting for a romantic evening.
Enjoy an intimate and romantic journey with your Valentine, travelling aboard a beautifully decorated Valentine’s Day Golden Arrow
With Pullman Cars, ‘Christine‘ and ‘Fingall‘ and 1st Class carriage ‘Sapphire‘, the train recreates the fabulous Golden Arrow which once linked London and Paris with the style and panache which made it one of the most glamorous and famous trains in the world. On board you will enjoy fine food and wine served to the standards of yesteryear.
‘Christine’ and ‘Fingall’ evoke the heady days of the 1920/30s with their unique wooden wall panel Marquetry and plush seating. ‘Sapphire’ hails from the 1950s and provides equally comfortable and plush surroundings, being built to convey 1st Class passengers from Waterloo to board Transatlantic liners at Southampton in the glory days of ocean travel.
After being greeted with a glass of prosecco, you will be served with a fabulous 3-course meal at your romantically decorated table. Present your loved one with a complimentary red rose – one per couple.
Ticket prices are per person and your journey will last approximately 3½ hours.
A cup of tea or coffee at the end of your meal is included in the cost, all other drinks may be purchased and paid for on the train.
Tables for 2, 3 or 4 are available in the ‘Christine’ and ‘Sapphire’ and tables for 1, 2, 3 or 4 in ‘Fingall’.
We are pleased to offer a choice of alternatives for each of the 3 courses for this service – please select your choices during the booking process.
A selection of Sussex cheeses and biscuits with quince jelly is available to pre-order as an additional course or as an alternative to desert. If you would like to add either of these to your meal, please select at the time of booking.
A selection of wine is available to pre-order and drinks will be available to purchase onboard. If you would like to pre-order your drinks, please make your selection during the booking process.
Why not make your journey extra special with a souvenir? We have a selection available for you to purchase when you make your booking!
- We regret we cannot accept changes to menu choices later than 2 weeks before the date of travel, and menu choices cannot be ordered or amended on the train
- Owing to the restrictions and constraints within our heritage vehicles, we regret we are unable to offer alternatives or variances to the published menus
- Owing to ongoing supply problems within the food industry, substitutions may be necessary at short notice
Please arrive no later than 20 minutes before your departure time.
Table for 1 – £115 | Table for 2 – £230 | Table for 3 – £345 | Table for 4 – £460
(£115.00 per person)
Please note: Passengers of 2 can now book on a Table for 4 on this service.
OWING TO ESSENTIAL ENGINEERING WORKS ON THE LINE, THIS SERVICE WILL TRAVEL BETWEEN SHEFFIELD PARK AND HORSTED KEYNES STATIONS ONLY.
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park Station
- Departure times are fixed and we are unable to offer refunds if customers arrive after departure
- We are pleased to advise that we are now able to take card payments on board this service, cash payments are also accepted.
- This service is a premier service and the dress code aboard the train is ‘smart dress’. Guests adherence to this code is appreciated. Guests wearing jeans and/or trainers may not be allowed to board
- We’re sorry but we’re unable to offer any discounts for this service
- Tickets will be dispatched 2 weeks prior to travel date
- Tickets are valid for the date and time specified on the ticket only
- We welcome children 14yrs and over on this service. We regret that it isn’t suitable for babies and children under the age of 14. All children must be fully supervised and remain in their seats throughout the journey
- There are toilets at Sheffield Park Station and on the train for this service
- There is free parking at Sheffield Park Station
- Because of the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we regret we are currently unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers. We will be introducing a wheelchair accessible carriage later in the year
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel during this event, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
- Accessible toilets are available at each station, but we regret we have no “Changing Places” toilets, or accessible toilets on our trains
- Seating is at tables and these are automatically allocated by our booking system.
- We do not allocate tables for use by more than one party.
- If you are booking for a large group, the automatic seating process may not seat you all in the same carriage. If you would like to book for a large group and be seated in the same carriage, please email our Customer Service Team at email@example.com or call on 01825 720800 (10am-3pm)
- We’re sorry but no dogs, other than registered assistance dogs, are allowed on this service