Pullman Car 36
Pullman Car 36 has arrived at Bluebell Railway!
Built in 1926 by the Birmingham Railway Carriage & Wagon Co Ltd of Smethwick, Pullman Car 36 entered service in August of that year on the Southern Belle between Victoria and Brighton. It then served on the Bournemouth Belle and the Devon Belle, before the new cars for the Golden Arrow were introduced in 1951.
Car 36 was then sent to the Pullman Works at Preston Park to be modified to run with them. It then ran regularly on the Golden Arrow between Victoria and Dover of Folkestone until 1967. It was modified into and used as a cinema coach until 1986 before it was moved to the Colne Valley Railway two years later.
The carriage arrived at Bluebell Railway on 14th January, following a private purchase. It will soon go to Carriage & Wagon at Horsted Keynes for restoration.