STEAM FOOTPLATE EXPERIENCES AT THE BLUEBELL RAILWAY
The following dates are now available to book in 2024:
22, 23, 24, 25 & 29
1,2,3,7,8,9,10,14,15,16,17, 20, 22 & 27
Steam Footplate Taster Days are back in 2023! Featuring LBSCR A1 “Terrier” Tank No.72 “Fenchurch” and SECR O1 No. 65. (subject to locomotive availability on the day).
These extremely popular locomotives are unique and fantastic choices for our steam footplate experience. It’s the perfect gift for any steam buff or budding engine driver!
- An individual 1 hour ‘Hands On’ driving experience on No. 72 “Fenchurch” or SECR No.65 with one of our experienced crews within the station area, doing small shunt moves and short runs on the line.
- Your own guided tour of Steamworks and the Loco Workshop in Sheffield Park.
- Hot drink and a breakfast bap or a slice of cake in the Bessemer Arms at Sheffield Park.
- A certificate for you to take away on completion.
Price: £330.00 per person (Plus £1.95 booking fee)
For any reasons for changing any Bluebell booking, you will be required to pay a £10.00 surcharge if you wish to change/amend your booking.
- Be aged at least 18.
- Be reasonably fit and in good health – able to ascend and descend a ladder unassisted.
- Wear suitable protective clothing, which covers arms and legs at all times. Clothing that may easily melt or catch fire if it comes into contact with hot surfaces/materials is not suitable (e.g. polyester/nylon). Gloves are also advisable.
- Wear sturdy footwear.
- Not attend the experience under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Read the Medical Standards and meet the standards required in the Medical Self-Assessment Questionnaire before being allowed to take part.
- Participants will be required to complete a medical self-assessment questionnaire prior to taking part. Bluebell Railway reserves the right to cancel bookings were the participant fails to meet the required health standards.
- Bluebell Railway reserves the right to reschedule a driving experience if the minimum number of participants booked on a specific day is not reached, or for any other reason.
- The locomotives used for this experience are subject to availability.
Photos kindly supplied by James Cummins