The Rocket Lunch Train
Summer Special – “lettuce” take care of the food!
There’s nothing better on a spring or summer’s day than a delicious lunch…except enjoying it in comfort and style in a plush vintage dining carriage.
Starting at Sheffield Park, wind your way through beautiful Sussex countryside skirting the Ashdown Forest, an area of outstanding natural beauty and enjoy the views on your journey to Kingscote. When you return to Sheffield Park, take some time to explore our accredited Museum, SteamWorks! and the gift shop.
You can choose between a Ploughman’s or a cream tea lunch box – just let us know your preference when you book.
- The Ploughman’s Lunch Box includes a savoury roll, chutney, salad, butter and salad cream.
- The Cream Tea Box includes a savoury roll, assortment of cakes & pastries, scones with clotted cream and jam
Tea and coffee are also included in the price of your ticket.
Stepney Boxes are available for children as an alternative to the Ploughman’s Special Box and include a soft savoury filled roll, chocolate treat, fruit snack, carton of juice and a colouring booklet with crayons. Please select the number of boxes you require during the booking process.
There are tables for two, three or four, so this service is great value for the smaller group. Tables are automatically allocated, so it is first come, first served.
- Table 2 – £60.00 | Table for 3 – £90.00 | Table for 4 – £120.00 (£30.00 per person)
- This includes return travel from Sheffield Park to Kingscote, tea or coffee and your Ploughman’s Box or Cream Tea Box.
- We regret we are unable to offer Carers’ discount on this service
For your safety:
- Face Coverings – must be worn in public places such as on the platforms, in the museum and SteamWorks! and when boarding or alighting from the trains in accordance to Government guidance. Removal is acceptable while seated onboard.
- Socially distanced seating – Our onboard seating capacity has been reduced to allow for a comfortable, socially distanced journey.
- Pre-packed food – All meals are hygienically pre-packed in covered boxes.
- We regret that owing to the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel on this service, please call our Customer Services Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
You can find out about all our services and FAQs here.
The Rocket runs from Sheffield Park on selected Saturdays at 12:45. Tickets must be pre-booked.
Please visit our Timetables and Calendar page to see when all services are running.