Return of the Giants!
We are very pleased to announce the return of the giants at our Giants of Steam Autumn Gala on 12th, 13th & 14th October.
Come and marvel at the big friendly giants!
Two very special locomotives will be visiting us this year –
- Gresley A4 Pacific No. 60009 “Union of South Africa” (courtesy of the Cameron Trust)
- LNER Thompson Class B1 No. 61306 “Mayflower” (courtesy of David Buck)
Don’t miss this rare opportunity to see the iconic “Union of South Africa” before she retires in 2019!
Neither of these beautiful steam engines have ever visited us before, so don’t miss this opportunity to
come and see them in all their glory!
A selection of our own wonderful locos will be also be running.
A special intensive timetable will be operating over the weekend so there will be lots of opportunities to travel behind these magnificent Giants and to watch them in action!
- Harveys Brewery of Lewes will be with us in their Beer Tent at Horsted Keynes station (platform 5)
- Our Bessemer Arms at Sheffield Park station (platform 1) will also be offering:-
- Breakfast from 8am on both Saturday & Sunday
- Late opening until 11pm on both Friday & Saturday for drinks & snacks
- Further attractions and activities across the railway – check back for details as they are announced