Friday 18th to Sunday 20th May 2018
Come along for a fun-packed weekend showcasing Bluebell Railway’s small locomotives!
A busy timetable plans to recreate the branch line feel of our Railway in its heyday by concentrating on the use of our smaller Bluebell locomotives, (Loco numbers 263,323, 30541 and 65) plus our special visitor, the Great Western Railway Saddle Tank Loco, GWR813 (courtesy of the GWR Preservation Fund & Severn Valley Railway (Holdings) plc)
On Friday we will be operating an increased frequency timetable between East Grinstead and Sheffield Park, featuring shorter trains hauled by our smaller locomotives and GWR813.
On both Saturday and Sunday, it will be case of “All Change at Horsted Keynes” with a packed timetable of trains between there and both Sheffield Park and East Grinstead and with frequent changes of locomotives.
So, plenty of opportunities to ‘hop on and off’ at different stations and watch the locomotives as they ‘shunt up and down’ at Horsted Keynes to accommodate the mixed timetable.
An ideal day out for the whole family with lots of steam and loco action to entertain both little ones and grown-ups alike!
Come along and relive the days when our Railway was very much a rural backwater, with trains to match.
We will be operating a different timetable on each of the three days so why not take the opportunity to spend a long weekend sampling the variety of what our Railway can offer, including locomotives, coaches and stations from the 1880s right through until the mid-1950s.
Brake van rides will also be running at the weekend so there is lots to experience and enjoy – Come along and see Bluebell Railways ‘small but mighty’ at their best.
Advance Tickets (available online only)
- Adult 1 day – £22
- Child (3-15yrs) 1 day – £11.00
- Family (2a + 3c) 1 day – £55
- Small family (1a + 3c) 1 day – £33.00
- BRPS* member Adult 1 day – £11
- BRPS* member Child (3-15yrs) – £5.50
- BRPS* member Family (2a+3c) 1 day – £25.00
On the day tickets
- Adult 1 day – £25
- Child (3-15yrs) – £12.50
- Family (2a + 3c) – £62.50
- Small family (1a + 3c) – £37.50
- BRPS* member Adult 1 day – £12.50
- BRPS* member Child (3-15yrs) – £6.25
- BRPS* member Family (2a + 3c) – £27.50
* BRPS – Bluebell Railway Preservation Society. Please note BRPS members will be required to show their membership card on the day of travel.