Ever wanted to drive a steam engine? Well now, at the Bluebell Railway, you can!
Our full steam ahead day is just what you have been looking for!
The Bluebell Railway will be running some a very special days for lovers of steam. Come along and experience first-hand firing and driving one the Railway’s fleet of historic steam engines.
BR5MT 73082 ‘Camelot’* will be on duty for this exciting day over the entire length of Bluebell line between Sheffield Park and East Grinstead.
During your day there will be a number of opportunities for you to both fire and drive the engine. Also included in the price is breakfast on arrival at the Bessemer Arms and a buffet lunch on board. The train will comprise 4 carriages for the exclusive use of the participants.
It will be a full day starting at Sheffield Park 8.00am finishing there at around 5.00pm. Up to 4 guests per participant are welcome to join you for this exciting day!
That special birthday wish, retirement present, corporate team building exercise or just the chance for a dream to come true….. this could be the answer.
- Be aged 18+
- Be reasonably fit and in good health – able to ascend and descend a ladder unassisted.
- Wear suitable protective clothing, which covers arms and legs at all times. Clothing that may easily melt or catch fire if it comes into contact with hot surfaces/materials is not suitable (e.g. polyester/nylon). Gloves are also advisable.
- Wear sturdy footwear
- Not attend the experience under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Read the Medical Brief and meet the standards required in the Medical Self-Assessment Questionnaire before being allowed to take part.
- Participants will be required to complete a medical self-assessment questionnaire prior to taking part. Bluebell Railway reserves the right to cancel bookings were the participant fails to meet the required health standards.
- Bluebell Railway reserves the right to reschedule a driving experience if the minimum number of participants booked on a specific day is not reached, or for any other reason.
- Locomotives from our current available fleet will be used and cannot be specified in advance.