Return of the Giants!
We are very pleased to announce the return of the giants at our Giants of Steam Autumn Gala on 11th, 12th & 13th October.
For this year’s event, two very special locomotives will be visiting the Bluebell Railway:
BR Britannia Class No. 70000 ‘Britannia’
- Visitors also have the chance to get behind the footplate of Britannia, and experience first-hand firing and driving. Find out more about Full Steam Ahead Britannia here.
- We are also running a special dining train, Britannia Gala Golden Arrow on Monday 14th October. Find out more here.
LNER Thompson Class B1 61306 ‘Mayflower’
Don’t miss the opportunity to see them in all their glory!
A special intensive timetable will be operating over the weekend so there will be lots of opportunities to travel behind these magnificent Giants and to watch them in action!
A selection of our own wonderful locomotives will also be running.
Timetables and loco rosters (click to open)
- Adult (1 day) – £23.00
- Child, 3-15 yrs (1 day) – £11.50
- Family 1 day (2 adults and up to 3 children) – £57.50
- Adult Bluebell Member (1 day) – £11.50
- Child, 3-15 yrs Bluebell Member (1 day) – £5.75
- Family Bluebell Member (2 adults and up to 3 children) – £28.75
Multi-day tickets for two and three days are also available.
Catering opening times
- Set B – Real Ale bar “At the sign of the White Horse” and snacks available in 1674
- Set C – Buffet counter service in RMB 1818
Bessemer Arms at Sheffield Park
Friday: 7.30am – 5.30pm Breakfast & Lunch
Saturday: 7.30am – 11pm Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Sunday: 7.30am – 6pm Breakfast & Lunch
Ice Cream Kiosk at Sheffield Park
Ice cream, hot snacks & pasties
Refreshment Rooms at Horsted Keynes
Open 8.15am – 6pm
- Bar open 11am – 6pm.
- Hot and cold drinks, snacks
The Paddock Field Marquee at Horsted Keynes
Open 9.30am – 4pm
- Breakfast Rolls 9.30am – 11am
- Hot Food 11am – 4pm
- Harvey’s Beer Tent
On the Dock at Horsted Keynes (Platform 5)
“Florry the Lorry” – Vintage Brewery Lorry Real Ale Bar
Well House Kiosk at Kingscote
Open 10.30am – 5pm each day. Hot and cold drinks, snacks and ice cream.
The Grinsteade Buffet Car
Open 8.30am – 6.30pm each day. Hot and cold drinks and snacks.