The railway is currently closed until further notice and our customer services staff have been placed on temporary leave (furloughed). This means they are unable to respond to emails and telephone calls for the time being under the terms of the Government’s job retention scheme.
We appreciate your patience at this very difficult time and once we are able to re-open we will contact you to rebook your trip onto one of our future rescheduled services to suit your available dates.
Thank you for your understanding.
Enjoy a steam-hauled train ride, a delicious supper, a live band, plus your first pint on us!
And pints cost just £2.50 each!
For those who prefer something else to drink, a range of wine, cider, bottled beer and soft drinks will also be available at Sheffield Park and Horsted Keynes.
- 29 May – Chilli / Vegetarian Chilli
- 17 July – Curry / Vegetarian Curry
- 21 August – Chilli / Vegetarian Chilli
After your meal, take the train again to Horsted Keynes (departing approx. 8.20pm) to enjoy music from a live band.
Your return train will then depart from Horsted Keynes (9.35pm) and travel to East Grinstead (arriving at 10.00pm)* and then back to Horsted Keynes (10.45pm)
Cost: £37.50 per person
Jump 66 – 17 July
We are excited to announced that Jump 66, an uptempo Blues and Swing band will be performing at our Rail Ale event on 17th July.
The band’s repertoire includes 50s blues, ska, swing and soul, and we can’t wait to see them entertain passengers at our Rail Ale event.
- If you are travelling to London Victoria from the East Grinstead mainline station, the Southern Line train will depart approx. 10.36pm (please check times with Southern Trains direct)
- If you are wheelchair-bound or have mobility issues and would like to travel on the Rail Ale train, please do call our Customer Services Team who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
- We are currently unable to accept payment by credit/debit card for drinks and sundries on our Rail Ale trains. Payment can be made by cash only until further notice.