A Christmas visit to the Bluebell Railway is a magical experience!
Come and enjoy a journey through the Sussex countryside in all its winter splendour! Santa and his elves will be on board with a present and chocolate treat for all the children (and he won’t forget the grown-ups, there’s a mince pie for them!).
Sit back and enjoy the trip to Horsted Keynes station where you will find…
- A Victorian Fairground – tokens for rides/attractions will be available to purchase at the station
- A Christmas Pantry on platform 3 – serving hot & cold drinks and festive snacks
- Santa in his parlour – your opportunity to tell him your Christmas wishes & take a photo with him
- A special ‘Elf House’ for younger visitors
- Santa’s Reindeer on Platform 5 – as Santa uses the train for these journeys his reindeer and can have a rest and would love to meet you!
Trains depart from either Sheffield Park Station or East Grinstead stations. Pre-booking is essential.
Your Santa Special experience will last for between 1½ and 2 hours.
New for Christmas Eve 2018 – ‘Twas the train before Christmas
Christmas Eve is an extra special time! You can sense the anticipation and excitement of children (and adults!) everywhere. What present will Santa bring me? Will Christmas morning ever come? I hope Dad likes the socks I’ve bought him! Will there be sprouts at dinner?
In the final build-up to the big day, Bluebell Railway will be running special Santa Specials on Christmas Eve which will include an extra special present box for the children!
While you’re with us why not treat yourself to a delicious Christmas Lunch?
When our Santa Specials are running, a Christmas Carvery is available in our restaurant at Sheffield Park Station.
Seating is limited, so pre-booking is essential.
Two sittings are available – 12.00pm to 1.30pm & 2.15pm to 3.00pm.
Price – £16.95 per adult. £8.50 per child.
- As the Christmas Carvery is at Sheffield Park station, access will be easier for those travelling on Santa Specials or ‘Twas the day before Christmas trains departing from Sheffield Park station. Those travelling on Santa Specials or ‘Twas the night before Christmas trains departing from East Grinstead will need to make their own way from East Grinstead station to Sheffield Park station as there will be no train service available for this journey.
- Please remember to allow around 2 hours for your Santa Special or ‘Twas the train before Christmas experience when booking your Christmas Carvery.
The ‘small’ print…
- Infants under the age of 12 months and toddlers age 1-2 years are not allocated a seat and will be required to sit on the lap of an accompanying adult.
- Infants under the age of 12 months travel for free and will receive a small gift from Santa (no pre-booking required).
- Please note gifts are only given to children. When booking you will be asked for the ages of the child(ren) so that they receive an age-appropriate gift.
- Accommodation suitable for passengers using wheelchairs is available on trains departing from Sheffield Park station only. Please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 to make your booking if you require seating in a wheelchair accessible carriage.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to offer our carer concession on Santa Specials or ‘Twas the train before Christmas.
- All tickets must be paid for in full at the time of booking.
- Tickets are non-transferable and are non-refundable unless we are able to re-sell your tickets.
- Ticket purchases will default to eTickets that you will need to print at home and bring with you on the day. If you would like tickets posted to you, please select the Delivery Option ‘Printed & Posted’ when booking.
- Please ensure you have the correct date, time and total number in your party when booking. Changes after submission will be charged a £10 admin fee per booking.
- We understand that you may need to change the date of your booking and we will do our utmost to accommodate any changes you wish to make. However, please note that most of the Santa Special trains fill up quickly and it may not be possible to make changes for you. Please use the CONTACT FORM BELOW to advise us of changes you wish to make, including your original date of travel, booking reference and date that you wish to transfer to. Please also include with a telephone number on which we may contact you.
- Please take care when making your seat reservations. Some carriages contain tables for 4 and 2, some contain tables for 4 only, and others have compartments which seat either 6 or 8. If your party is larger, you may need to split seating between tables or compartments. Please be aware that if your party does not completely fill a table or compartment, the remaining seats may be purchased by another party.
- If you wish to sit with another party, and as seats sell very quickly, you may find it easier to ensure you are seated together if you make one booking for the whole group. If you wish to make separate bookings we would advise that you make your bookings at similar times to increase your chances of locating adjacent seats.
- Owing to the busy nature of these events, we regret no dogs are allowed other than Assistance Dogs.