Due to the latest Government announcement, our Evening Dining trains on 14 and 21 November have been cancelled.
If you have booked tickets for these services, our customer services team will contact you directly to issue you with a credit note, so that you may rebook your choice of dining service at a future time to suit you.
Please find information about all our affected services here.
A special train for a special year!
Celebrate Bluebell Railway’s 60th birthday year by enjoying a delicious evening meal on an historic train. This named service remembers the rail tours of the 1960s, when steam enthusiasts travelled between London and Brighton and took The Blue Belle along the now disused Ardingly line to visit the newly preserved Bluebell Railway.
The onboard seating capacity has been reduced to allow for a comfortable socially distanced meal.
Services leave Sheffield Park at 7:30 and return at 10:00.
- Tickets cost £55.00 per person and include your journey, your three course meal, and a cup of tea or coffee.
- We regret we are unable to offer Carers discount on this service
A selection of wines and other drinks are available to pre-order, please make your selection during the booking process.
Set menus are offered, and these vary dependent on the day of travel.
Please click to open
There are tables for two, three or four. Tables are automatically allocated, so it is first come, first served when booking.
For your safety:
- Face Coverings – must be worn in public places such as on the platforms, in the museum and SteamWorks! and when boarding or alighting from the trains in accordance to Government guidance. Face coverings can be removed when seated on board, but will need to be worn if passengers leave their seat to use the toilet, and when entering and leaving the train.
- Socially distanced seating – Our onboard seating capacity has been reduced to allow for a comfortable, socially distanced journey. Passengers are asked to remain in their allocated seats throughout the journey, unless they need to leave their seat to use the toilet.
- Table service – All meals are hygienically pre-plated. All our serving staff have been fully trained and will follow the government guidelines for serving of food and drinks.
Please visit our Covid-19 Safety measures page to read about all the measures we have put in place to ensure your visit is safe and enjoyable.
- We regret that owing to the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel on this service, please call our Customer Services Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
The Government has announced changes that came into force in England on Monday 14 September limiting the number of people who can meet socially. Visitors to Bluebell Railway have to be in groups of six people or fewer unless you are visiting as a household or support bubble which is larger than six. For more information please visit our Covid-19 Safety Measures page