Summer Special – “lettuce” take care of the food!
There’s nothing better on a Summer day than a delicious lunch…except enjoying it in comfort and style in a plush vintage dining carriage.
Starting at Horsted Keynes, wind your way through beautiful Sussex countryside skirting the Ashdown Forest, an area of outstanding natural beauty and enjoy the views on your journey to Kingscote. After the locomotive runs round, your train will travel to Sheffield Park Station. The train stops here for approximately 30 minutes, so you can stretch your legs if you wish and visit the Museum or SteamWorks!
You can choose between a Ploughman’s or a cream tea lunch box – just let us know which you would prefer when you book.
- The Ploughman’s Lunch Box includes a savoury roll, chutney, salad, butter and salad cream.
- The Cream Tea Box includes a savoury roll, assortment of cakes & pastries, scones with clotted cream and jam
Tea and coffee are also included in the price of your ticket.
Stepney Boxes are available for children as an alternative to the Ploughman’s Special Box and include a soft savoury filled roll, chocolate treat, fruit snack, carton of juice and a colouring booklet with crayons. Please select the number of boxes you require during the booking process.
There are tables for two, three or four, so is great value for the smaller group. A comfortable train ride with food included! Tables are automatically allocated, so it is first come, first served.
- Tickets cost £25.00 per person. This includes travel and your Ploughman’s Box or Cream Tea Box.
- We regret we are unable to offer Carers discount on this service
For your safety:
- Face Coverings – must be worn in public places such as on the platforms, in the museum and SteamWorks! and when boarding or alighting from the trains in accordance to Government guidance. Removal is acceptable while seated onboard.
- Socially distanced seating – Our onboard seating capacity has been reduced to allow for a comfortable, socially distanced journey.
- Pre-packed food – All meals are hygienically pre-packed in covered boxes.
Please visit our Covid-19 Safety measures page to read about all the measures we have put in place to ensure your visit is safe and enjoyable.
- We regret that owing to the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel on this service, please call our Customer Services Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
You can find out about all our services and FAQs here.