Since 2013 the Railway has often run a Track Trek (that is a sponsored walk along all or part of the running line) to raise money for variety of causes. This is not possible during Coronavirus Pandemic conditions and with the Railway closed. Even it were open a Trek would not be possible if social distancing were to be observed.
We are therefore inviting our supporters to raise money for our CV Emergency Appeal by participating in a Virtual Track Trek (VTT) by obtaining sponsorship for walking 4.5 miles, the distance from Sheffield Park to Horsted Keynes at a location of their choice (but not at the Railway itself). Ideally this could be at home or nearby where the social distancing can be achieved without inconveniencing the public. However if there is somewhere imaginative where you can safely carry out the Trek please do, and let us know.
- All participants are to maintain social distancing as required by government advice;
- The railway is out of bounds and participants should not attend the railway;
- Participants do so at their own risk and must adhere to the then current guidelines and if they cannot they must not breach them to finish.
Our CV Emergency Appeal to raise the funds required to enable us to reopen after the Coronavirus Crisis has been very successful. This Virtual Track Trek is to further boost the Appeal.
If you can take part you should undertake a 4.5 mile “Trek” on Saturday 27 June 2020.
To raise sponsorship you can:
- Download this form, or
- Create a fundraising page on Virgin Money Giving:
- Go to our event page on Virgin Money Giving,
- Click on “Start Fundraising”,
- Log in to Virgin Money Giving, or create an account if you do not already have one,
- Click the box for the Virtual Track Trek,
- Follow the instructions on the Virgin Money Giving site.
You can also support our walkers already signed up:
- Stephen Bigg, Chairman of the Bluebell Railway Preservation Society, Vernon Blackburn, Chairman of The Bluebell Railway Trust, Paul Lelew, Commercial and Marketing Director, Bluebell Railway plc and Councillor Danny Favor, the Mayor of East Grinstead, https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/BluebellRailway
- Martin Cresswell, https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/martincresswell2
- Keith Duke, https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/KeithDuke
- John Staveley, https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JohnStaveley
- Nick Beck, https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/NickBeck2
- Tom Parsons, https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/TomParsons20
- Stewart Moon, https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/StewartMoon
- Deborah Carver, https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Deborah-VTT20
- Neal Ball, https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/NealBall1
- James Funnell, https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JamesFunnell4
- Richard Salmon, https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/RichardSalmon8
- Roger Kelly, https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/RogerKelly3
- Kirsty Lowe, https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/KirstyLowe10
- Graham Bucksey, https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/GrahamBucksey
- David Chappell https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/DavidChappell8