Bluebell Railway Preservation Society
Notices for Members
Notice – AGM 2021
A notice has been published concerning the 2021 EGM and AGM.
Interim management changes on company board
An announcement has been published regarding change to the Interim Chairmanship of the Bluebell Railway plc.
Bluebell News Magazine
These two issues have now been printed and were posted to BRPS members along with the Autumn 2020 edition (which is also now available online).
Please be assured that this decision is entirely due to the extenuating financial and logistical circumstances caused by the Covid-19 crisis. The standard magazine format delivered by post has now resumed.
Please note that a change in policy will result in notices of the deaths of Bluebell staff and volunteers being circulated via internal channels, and full obituaries appearing in Bluebell News magazine.
Preservation Standards Manual
We are pleased to be able to publish the first edition of our Preservation Standards Manual, which details how everything on and about our Railway should be presented. This is a major undertaking, and there are some sections yet to be fully completed, and it will probably always remain a work in progress as new research is still uncovering refinements.
Bluebell News – BRPS Chairmanship – BRPS AGM & EGM postponement
Please see this joint Note from BRPS and Bluebell Railway PLC concerning the online delivery of Bluebell News, Steve Bigg assuming the role of acting chairman of BRPS, and the postponement of the AGM and EGM which had been scheduled for 23 May 2020.
Documents for Members
- “Who’s Who” in the BRPS
- BRPS Objectives, Aims & Plans – 2013 edition (also available as a pdf document)
- BRPS Rules (as agreed in EGM, May 2003 and amended in AGM, May 2008 and EGMs in May 2016 and May 2019) and Bluebell “Rules of Debate” and “Method of deciding tied elections”.
- Preservation Standards Manual – April 2020
- Accessibility Statement – March 2019
- Safeguarding Policy – August 2018
- Agreed preservation policies and strategies:
- Bluebell Railway Trust – Governance and Management Regulations – March 2018
- Carriage Strategy Review (February 2015)
- Pullmans Strategy Update: 11 October 2015
- FAQ: Why doesn’t the Bluebell Railway Preservation Society have postal voting at AGMs?
- Options for a turntable or a triangle – October 2011.
- The Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service, the MBE for volunteer groups – June 2010
BRPS Social Sub-Committee – with who’s who, and recent and forthcoming events.
List of Notices
- AGM 2021 – Notice of an Extraordinary General Meeting – Notice of the Deferred 60th Annual General Meeting – Notice of the 61st Annual General Meeting and Request for Nominations and Motions
- Notification of Members’ Train on 7 August 2020
- Please note that deaths of Bluebell staff and volunteers will in future be circulated via internal channels. Obituaries will appear in Bluebell News magazine.
- John Scrace, Ken Deans, John Woods – March-April 2020
- Joint Note from BRPS and Bluebell Railway PLC – Bluebell News – BRPS Chairmanship – BRPS AGM & EGM postponement – 28 March 2020
- Klaus Marx, Roger Williams, Jean Cook, Ray Tanner & Ian Osborne – October 2019/February 2020
- David Burch appointed Finance Director – Dec 2019
Last updated 17 January 2021 by Richard Salmon