Fish & Chip Specials
Try a scrumptious supper on board one of our Fish & Chip Special trains! 2023 dates now available!
Your steam hauled train will depart from Sheffield Park station at 6:30pm for the 1 hour and 45 minute journey through the beautisful Sussex countryside.
Once on board, sit back and enjoy your supper (fish & chips followed by a yummy dessert), whilst taking in the views.
Your ticket price includes your supper and tea/coffee or soft drink.
A selection of drinks is available to pre-order and drinks will be available to purchase onboard. If you would like to pre-order your drinks, please make your selection during the booking process.
The Bessemer Arms on Platform 1 will be open from 5.30pm – why not pop in for a drink before you board your train?
We are pleased to offer a choice of 5 menus for this service – Traditional, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan and Vegetarian – please select your choice during the booking process.
A selection of drinks is available to pre-order and will be available to purchase onboard. If you would like to pre-order, please make your selection during the booking process.
- We regret we cannot accept changes to menu choices later than 2 weeks before the date of travel, and menu choices cannot be ordered or amended on the train
- Owing to the restrictions and constraints within our heritage vehicles, we regret we are unable to offer alternatives or variances to the published menus
- Owing to ongoing supply problems within the food industry, substitutions may be necessary at short notice
Fish and Chip 2023 Menu April – June
Fish and Chip 2023 Menu July- September
Please arrive no later than 20 minutes before your departure time.
Table for 2 – £90.00 | Table for 3 – £135.00 | Table for 4 – £180.00
(£45.00 per person)
MAY: 5th, 12th, 26th
JUNE: 2nd, 7th, 9th, 21st, 30th
JULY: 7th, 12th, 21st, 28th
MORE DATES FOR FOLLOW IN DUE COURSE.
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park Station
- Departure times are fixed and we are unable to offer refunds if customers arrive after departure
- We are pleased to advise that we are now able to take card payments on board this service, cash payments are also accepted.
- We’re sorry but we’re unable to offer any discounts for this service
- Tickets will be dispatched 2 weeks prior to travel date
- Tickets are valid for the date and time specified on the ticket only
- We welcome children 3yrs and over on this service. We regret that it isn’t suitable for babies and children under the age of 3. All children must be fully supervised and remain in their seats throughout the journey
- There are toilets at Sheffield Park Station and on the train for this service
- There is free parking at Sheffield Park Station
- Because of the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we regret we are currently unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers. We will be introducing a wheelchair accessible carriage later in the year
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel during this event, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
- Accessible toilets are available at each station, but we regret we have no “Changing Places” toilets, or accessible toilets on our trains
- Seating is at tables and these are automatically allocated.
- We do not allocate tables for use by more than one party.
- If you are booking for a large group, the seating process may not seat you all in the same carriage. If you would like to book for a large group and be seated in the same carriage, please email our Customer Service Team at email@example.com or call on 01825 720800 (10am-3pm)
- We’re sorry but no dogs, other than registered assistance dogs, are allowed on this service