Bluebell Railway Preservation Society
Join the Bluebell Railway as a member and benefit from all the below:
- Free admission to the stations, museum & visitor areas during normal opening hours
- Unlimited travel on our 3rd class coaches at greatly reduced rates for annual paid up members on all normal timetabled trains
- A free copy each quarter of the award-winning Society magazine, Bluebell News
- 10% Discount on selected bookshop items (subject to terms & conditions)
- The opportunity to become a working member, to help in the operation of the railway or to help in its restoration, although membership in no way imposes any commitment to become a volunteer
- Reduced rates for line-side photographic courses
- Life members benefit from unlimited First Class travel
|Joint (2 Adults)||£40||£180|
|Senior Citizen (Over 60)||£25||£112|
|Joint Senior Citizen (Both over 60)||£35||£157|
|Family (2 adults & up to 3 children under 16)||£50||£225|
|Junior (Under 16)||£15||N/A|
|Full Time Student||£20||N/A|
|Joint Life Member||£450||–|
|Senior Life Member (Over 60)||£600||–|
|Partner of Senior Life Member (Both over 60)||£300||–|
For children up to 8 years
Join the Stepney Club to keep up to date with what’s going on at the railway and receive special offers.
All members receive the following:
- A newsletter three times a year
- A card from Stepney on their birthday
- A membership card and badge
- Special events for members
- Reduced rate train travel
- 1 year – £8.00pp
- 2 years – £12.00pp
- 3 years – £16.00pp
Complete an application form and send it, along with a cheque or postal order made payable to “Bluebell Railway plc” to – The Stepney Club, c/o Gerry Smith, 19 Arkwright Road, South Croydon, Surrey, CR2 0LN.
An exciting opportunity for children age 9 - 16 years!
The Bluebell Railway’s 9F Club supports the Bluebell Railway Preservation Society (BRPS) by channelling the enthusiasm of young people for steam engines and railways, from merely watching, to actually learning the reality of what it takes to run a preserved railway. Allowing young people between 9 and 16 years of age to undertake ‘hands on’ activities in small groups under experienced adult supervision.
The 9F Club meets once a month, from March to November, alternating between Saturdays and Sundays. Most of the time the members get very dirty while enjoying, what is often, a hard day of physical activity.
Many members, on leaving the 9F club when they are 16, commence working as volunteers in their preferred department(s) at the railway.
The 9F Club has a safeguarding policy, all adult supervisors are DBS checked and all members sign, and are required to abide by, an annual behaviour agreement.
On Health and Safety grounds this is not a suitable environment for children requiring special supervision.
Membership of the 9F Club is at the discretion of the Bluebell Railway, whose decision is final.
- Joining fee – £15.00pp (this covers the cost of the 9F Cap and badges)
- Annual subscription – £15.00pp (payable each year during membership)
Please Note – For insurance purposes, to be a member of the 9F Club, you will also need to be a member of the Bluebell Railway Preservation Society. You can find details on how to join at the top of this page.
THERE IS CURRENTLY A WAITING LIST TO JOIN THE 9F CLUB. Please contact the Membership Secretary by using the Contact Form below: