R3811 LB&SCR, Terrier, 0-6-0T, 48 ‘Leadenhall’, Era 2
Out of stock
Built at Brighton Works during December 1876 at a cost of around £1,875.00, 48 Leadenhall was allocated to New Cross from 9 December 1876. But when the Great Eastern, Metropolitan and District railways took greater control of running East London line services during the mid 1880s, the locomotive was transferred to Eastbourne for the Hailsham and Lewes local services.
Moved on to Portsmouth in 1890, 48 Leadenhall worked the East Southsea and Hayling Island branch line services until August 1901, when the locomotive was relegated to the LB&SCR Duplicate List.