How to get here
Sheffield Park Station (TN22 3QL)
Sheffield Park Station is the best point to join the Bluebell Railway. This is situated on the A275 East Grinstead – Lewes main road, about two miles north of its junction with the A272. The Bluebell Railway, Sheffield Park is well signposted with brown tourist direction signs from the A22 and A23 trunk roads. There is plenty of available parking at Sheffield Park as well as a Coach Park and Disabled Bays.
Horsted Keynes Station (RH17 7BB)
Horsted Keynes Station has plenty of parking in the field beyond the station in the summer. The station is a mile and a half north-west of the village. From the village centre follow signs to the station, forking right onto the West Hoathly/Sharpthorne road. Station Approach will be found on the left after about a mile, just after a steep hill and sharp right hand bend.
Horsted Keynes Station is also accessible via an 8-ft restricted headroom bridge from Ardingly. Head south on the B2028 towards Lindfield. Take the first turn on the left, after about half a mile, signposted to the railway. Then take the next turn to the right at the bottom of the hill into Station Approach, and carry on about a mile on this very twisty road. Shortly after passing under the low bridge, you will come to Horsted Keynes Station.
Kingscote Station (RH19 4LD)
Please note that there is no road access or parking at Kingscote station.
East Grinstead Station (RH19 1EB)
Car parking is available at the following pay and display car parks –
- Norton House car park (RH19 3JY) – located on the junction of Station Road and London Road, right next door to the Fire Station. There is a short walk of about 8 minutes to the Bluebell Railway
- Railway Approach car park RH19 1BS) – located half-way along Railway Approach. Just a short 3-4 minute walk to the Bluebell Railway.
- Station Car Park (RH19 1EB) – is situated about a 4 minute walk from the Bluebell Railway.
- Chequer Mead car park (RH19 3LY), The Vicarage car park (RH19 3BP) & Christopher Road car park (RH19 3DJ) are all about an 8 minute walk from the Bluebell
Via Southern Trains to East Grinstead
Travel from London Victoria, East Croydon and Oxted to East Grinstead station via Southern Railway where you can now join the Bluebell Railway.
It could not be easier with a half hourly service every day until September to East Grinstead from London and a simple change at East Grinstead.
You can also use this route for a fantastic Saturday evening dining on board our Golden Arrow Pullman which returns to East Grinstead at 10.10pm with plenty of time for your train back to London Victoria.
If you are coming from the South coast at a weekend (or public holiday) it is advised to alight the train at Haywards Heath and hop on to a 270 bus for Horsted Keynes.
Book tickets through to the Bluebell Railway from most stations in the South East and save money!
Special Offer! Show your Metrobus ticket or key card to get up to £2.50 off your Bluebell Railway train fare.
To Horsted Keynes station
- Brighton – on service 270 on Saturdays
- Burgess Hill – on service 270 on Saturdays
- Haywards Heath (town) – on service 270 on Saturdays
- Haywards Heath (mainline railway station) – on service 270 on Saturdays.
To East Grinstead station
- Ashurst Wood – on services 270 & 291
- Burgess Hill – on service 270 (on Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays alight at Horsted Keynes Station – see below)
- Brighton – on service 270 (on Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays alight at Horsted Keynes Station – see below)
- Caterham – on service 400 (a short walk from East Grinstead Fire Station stop)
- Copthorne – on services 281, 291 & 400 (a short walk from East Grinstead Fire Station stop)
- Crawley – on services 84, 281, 291 & 400 (a short walk away from East Grinstead Fire Stn stop)
- Crawley Down – on services 281 & 291
- Dormansland – on service 281
- Forest Row – on services 270 & 291
- Godstone – on service 400 (a short walk from East Grinstead Fire Station stop)
- Groombridge – on service 291
- Hartfield – on service 291
- Haywards Heath – on service 270 (on Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays alight at Horsted Keynes Station – see below)
- Horley – on service 400 (a short walk from East Grinstead Fire Station stop)
- Lingfield – on service 281 (a short walk from Brooklands Way stop)
- Redhill – on service 400 (a short walk from East Grinstead Fire Station stop)
- Tunbridge Wells – on service 291
- Turners Hill – on service 84 (at Brooklands Way)
To Sheffield Park station