Celebrate New Year’s Eve and welcome 2021 in style on board the Golden Arrow premier dining train.
An evening to remember
New Year on the Golden Arrow will begin with a prosecco and canapé reception prior to boarding your train at Sheffield Park. Once on board, sit back and relax in the nostalgic atmosphere while your delicious 5-course gala menu is served by our attentive staff. Adding to the atmosphere will be a magician who will be on hand to entertain you throughout your evening!
At midnight you will welcome in the New Year with a lovely glass of fizz to the chimes of Big Ben, and Auld Lang Syne at Horsted Keynes Station.
A special New Year event
The Bluebell Railway’s Golden Arrow is the perfect setting for a special celebration with friends or an intimate evening for two.
With luxurious Pullman Cars Christine and Fingall, and 1st Class Dining carriage Sapphire, the train recreates the famous Golden Arrow which once linked London and Paris. Exemplary service, style, and attention to detail combine at the Bluebell Railway to evoke one of the most glamorous and famous trains in the world.
This service is extremely popular so book early to avoid disappointment!
New Year on the Golden Arrow timetable
Arrive for a canapé reception in the Bessemer Arms at 7.00pm.
Depart on the Golden Arrow from Sheffield Park station at 8.00pm.
Travel on the Golden Arrow enjoying your 5-course gala menu.
Stop at Horsted Keynes station for 1 hr stop to welcome in the New Year with a glass of sparkling wine, the chimes of Big Ben and Auld Lang Syne
Return to Sheffield Park station.
Your total journey time will be approximately 4½ hours.
We regret that this service is not suitable for children under 14 years.
We are currently unable to accept payment by cheque or credit/debit card for drinks and sundries on our Golden Arrow trains. Payment can be made by cash only until further notice
To make your reservation please call 01825 720800
Add a little extra – celebration packs or souvenirs to make your trip extra special
Golden Arrow Pullman Story – £5.00
Lovely souvenir book telling the story of Bluebell Railway’s Golden Arrow, illustrated with many beautiful colour photographs.
Table Celebration Pack – £7.50 per table
Card, Balloon, table Sprinkles
Celebration 1 – £30.00
Table Celebration pack plus Cake (serves 12)
Celebration 2 – £65.00
Table Celebration pack with Cake (serves 12) and Bottle of Champagne
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park station.
- The Golden Arrow is a premier service and, as such, the dress code on board the train is ‘smart dress’ and guests adherence to this code is appreciated. Guests wearing jeans and/or trainers may not be allowed to board.
- Departure times may vary, please check when booking.
- We welcome children 14 years and over on our New Year’s Eve Gala Dinner service. We regret that the service is not suitable for children or babies under the age of 5. All children must be fully supervised and need to remain seated throughout the journey.
- Dogs (other than registered assistance dogs) are not permitted on the Golden Arrow.
- We regret that owing to the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers. If you have mobility issues and would like to travel on the Golden Arrow, please call our Customer Services Team (01825 720800) who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
- We are currently unable to accept payment by credit/debit card for drinks and sundries on our Golden Arrow trains. Payment can be made by cash or cheque only until further notice.