Traditional Afternoon Tea served as you steam through the beautiful Sussex countryside.
Enjoy a relaxing journey, travelling in one of our four comfortable 1950/60’s lounge or restaurant carriages on our dedicated Afternoon Tea train, the Wealden Rambler.
Your traditional Afternoon Tea includes a choice of luxury teas, followed by a selection of delicious sandwiches and mouthwatering cakes, tarts, scones, and shortbread.
The Wealden Rambler runs on most Saturday afternoons, some weekday afternoons, and other special days throughout the year from February to October.
The train departs at 2.45pm (Feb, Mar, Oct) or 3.15pm (Apr – Jul) from Sheffield Park station for a return journey to East Grinstead and back, of approximately 1¾ hours.
Price – £44.00pp
For customers with special dietary requirements, we also offer the Plumpton Green (Vegan), the Horsted (Vegetarian) and the Farmstead (Gluten-Free) menus. Please state at the time of ordering if you require one of these menus
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park station. On most days it will be possible to travel from East Grinstead station to join the Wealden Rambler using one of our normal service trains. On some days it will also be possible to return to East Grinstead from Sheffield Park on one of these trains. Our Customer Service Team (01825 720800) will be able to advise for which days this option is available. Your Wealden Rambler tickets include the cost of any journeys you make on our normal service trains to connect with the Wealden Rambler.
- Departure times may vary, please check when booking.
- We welcome children over the age of 5 on the Wealden Rambler. We regret that the service is not suitable for babies and children under the age of 5. All children must be fully supervised and remain seated throughout the journey.
- Dogs (other than registered assistance dogs) are not permitted on the Wealden Rambler.
- We regret that owing to the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers on this service. If you have mobility issues and would like to travel on the Wealden Rambler, please call our Customer Services Team who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
- We are currently unable to accept payment by credit/debit card for drinks and sundries on our Wealden Rambler trains. Payment can be made by cash or cheque only until further notice.
For a lovely present for that special someone, why not purchase Wealden Rambler Gift Vouchers? Gift Vouchers are available online from our shop or in person from our shop at Sheffield Park station. (Gift Vouchers are valid for one year from date of purchase. Your journey may be taken after the voucher expiry date, so long as booking is made before that date.)
Add a little extra – add a celebration pack to make your trip extra special!
Table Celebration Pack – £7.50 per table
Card, Balloon, table Sprinkles
Celebration 1 – £30.00
Table Celebration Pack plus Cake (serves 12)
Celebration 2 – £65.00
Table Celebration Pack plus Cake (serves 12) and bottle of Champagne