Giants of Steam Autumn Steam Gala
Our Autumn Steam Gala will be returning back to The Bluebell Railway next year.
The dates for our three-day steam gala will be taking place between October 11th to 13th 2024.
More details will be provided in due course. Tickets, admission prices, gala visitors and event timetables will be released closer to the event.
For further information and ticket releases, sign up to our Bluebell Railway newsletter to get the latest news regarding this event.
Giants Of Steam in 2023 provided to be a fantastic event, with 21c127 ‘Taw Valley’ & 34070 ‘Manston’ visiting the railway, running alongside our home fleet.
We look forward to bringing you this event once again in 2024!
- Proof of discount eligibility will be required to be shown on the day of travel.
- Heritage Railway reciprocal discounts are available for this event – please select BRPS Member rate tickets
- We regret TOC discounts are not applicable to this event
- Children under 3yrs (and babies) travel for free and don’t need a ticket
- Tickets are valid for the date specified on the ticket only
- Advance tickets are valid for 3rd class travel only – first class upgrades are available on the day from the station booking office (subject to availability)
- For any reasons for changing any Bluebell booking, you will be required to pay a £10.00 surcharge if you wish to change/amend your booking.
Food and drink:
- Bessemer Arms and platform kiosk at Sheffield Park Station
- George V Buffet at Horsted Keynes Station
- Wellhouse at Kinsgcote Station
- Grinsteade Buffet at East Grinstead Station
- There are toilets at each of our stations.
- There are toilets on some of our trains – please ask station staff for advice on which trains these are available.
- Baby changing facilities are available at each of our stations, but not on our trains
- Sheffield Park Station – free parking at the station
- Horsted Keynes Station – free parking at the station
- Kingscote – NO parking is available at this station
- East Grinstead – free blue badge parking (5 spaces). Public parking in East Grinstead
- We are pleased to offer a specially adapted area for wheelchair users on some services during this event. Please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 for further information.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel during this event, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you
- Accessible toilets are available at each station, but we regret we have no “Changing Places” toilets, or accessible toilets on our trains
- We are pleased to welcome dogs to this event (no ticket required) – please keep them on a lead and don’t allow them on the seats
- Prams/pushchairs/buggies are welcome during this event.
- Foldable/collapsible prams/pushchairs/buggies can be taken into the carriages and stowed by your seat
- Non folding/collapsible prams/pushchairs/buggies can be left in the care of the station staff at the departure station
TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT GIANTS OF STEAM AND OTHER BLUEBELL RAILWAY EVENTS, SIGN UP TO OUR BLUEBELL NEWSLETTER BELOW:
Photos kindly supplied by James Cummins & Kenny Felstead