Tea for two and two for tea, scones for you and jam for me!
Upgrade on other afternoon cream tea experiences by travelling in the luxury of a plush vintage dining carriage and find out just how happy you can be!
Starting at Horsted Keynes Station, you will wind your way through beautiful Sussex countryside skirting the Ashdown Forest, an area of outstanding natural beauty and enjoy the views on your journey to Kingscote. After the locomotive runs round, your train will travel to Sheffield Park Station. The train stops here for approximately 30 minutes, so you can stretch your legs if you wish and visit the Museum or SteamWorks!
A steam train ride and afternoon tea in Sussex
Your Cream Tea Box contains a savoury roll, assortment of cakes & pastries, scones with clotted cream and jam and comes with tea or coffee. A comfortable train ride with delicious food included!
A gluten free option is available – please let us know if you would like this when you book.
There are tables for two, three or four, so this experience is great value for the smaller group.
Tables are automatically allocated, so it is first come, first served when booking. The onboard seating capacity on the steam locomotive hauled return trip from Horsted Keynes Station has been reduced to allow for a comfortable socially distanced lunch.
Stepney Boxes are available for children as an alternative to Cream Tea Box, and include a soft savoury filled roll, chocolate treat, fruit snack, carton of juice and a colouring booklet with crayons. Please select the number of boxes you require during the booking process.
- Tickets cost £25.00 per person. This includes travel and your cream tea box.
- We regret we are unable to offer Carers discount on this service
For your safety:
- Face Coverings – must be worn in public places such as on the platforms, in the museum and SteamWorks! and when boarding or alighting from the trains in accordance to Government guidance. Removal is acceptable while seated onboard.
- Socially distanced seating – Our onboard seating capacity has been reduced to allow for a comfortable, socially distanced journey.
- Pre-packed food – All meals are hygienically pre-packed in covered boxes.
Please visit our Covid-19 Safety measures page to read about all the measures we have put in place to ensure your visit is safe and enjoyable.
- We regret that owing to the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel on this service, please call our Customer Services Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
You can find out about all our services and FAQs here.