A diesel lover’s delight!
2017 is the 40th Anniversary of the foundation of the Deltic Preservation Society and in conjunction with the NRM/KOYLI Group, Beaver Sports, the Bluebell Railway is delighted to host the very special Anniversary Gala over the weekend Friday October 6th to Sunday October 8th.
The event will feature 3 working Deltics, D9002, D9009, 55019 – a Deltic ONLY event.
View the intensive timetable below for the weekend with a 12 car set due to run on the last train of the day on both Friday and Saturday evenings.
Bookings are now open for this historic turn out of Deltics and ‘season’ tickets are available for this event.
One day £25
Two days £40
Three days £50 – buy two days and get one free!
One day £12.50
Two days £20
Three days £25 – buy two days and get one free!
Brake van rides
Available on the first train of the day from Sheffield Park Station behind Bluebell Railway’s 09 diesel shunter. Cost is £15pp which includes a bacon butty but must be booked in advance through the Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 or online.
Please note this covers only the journey in the brake van – additional tickets are required to travel through the day.
On Saturday 7th October why not take a trip on the special a ‘Beer Ex’ will operate – timings to be confirmed. A special brew from the local brewers Harveys of Lewes will be available on board. Pie and Mash will be available in the Bessemer Arms.
Event details in a nutshell
All 3 days:
- Intensive 3 set train service, locos rotating in turn.
- Cab visits at Sheffield Park.
- Full line brake van trip behind D4106. Booking essential.
- Brake van rides at Horsted Keynes.
- Photoshoot with 3 loco line up at south end of Horsted Keynes at 1.30pm. 2 locations available for photography not normally open to the public.
- 12 car run on 5.35pm service from Sheffield Park
- 12 car run on 5.30 up service
- Evening ‘Beerex’ at 8pm and pie and mash available from the Bessemer Arms at Sheffield Park Station.
The Bluebell Railway makes every effort to run the event as described but unforeseen circumstances may entail alteration or cancellation and the Bluebell Railway reserves the right to vary any of the provisions of this event without prior notice.