These courses are on hold until further notice. Details to follow in due course.
Our half-day course will provide you with the essential safety training you need so you can access areas of the railway normally out of bounds and get those fabulous shots.
Applicants must be BRPS members and able to quote a valid membership number at the time of booking. Details on how to become a member can be found on our website.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be issued with a Lineside Photographer’s Permit which will be valid for 1 year.
Courses are run on selected dates throughout the year and take place in the Bluebell Room above the Loco Works at Sheffield Park Station from 2pm to 5pm (tea & coffee provided).
Please find out full announcement about Lineside Photography Permits here.
- A new system of daily ‘signing-in’ and ‘signing-out’ is now in operation for all Lineside Photographers.
- ‘Signing-in’ and ‘Signing-out’ will be at Customer Service and Sales Office at Sheffield Park.
- Accredited Photographers will be issued a numbered ‘Photographer’ high-visibility jacket upon receipt of a £10 deposit (payable by cash or cheque only).
- This deposit will be refunded upon surrender of the numbered ‘Photographer’ high-visibility jacket.
- No other high-visibility jackets may be used/worn by any Lineside Photographer.
- All photographers must be 16 years of age or older.
(Pre-booking is essential as places are limited)