24th – 26 August 2019
Come along for a truly classic childhood activity this August bank holiday weekend.
Our Teddy Bears’ Picnic is the ideal bank holiday day out – with bear hunts, games, prizes and fun for all the family. And there’s free travel for all children who bring their favourite teddy!
With our All Day Rover ticket, you can hop on and off the steam train as much as you like. We have picnic areas at:
- Sheffield Park along the river side
- Horsted Keynes overlooking the station
- Kingscote in our tranquil paddock with children’s play area.
Each of these stations host a refreshment outlet.
Our picnic boxes include:
- Adult’s picnic box – Cheese ploughmans. This includes cheese, salad, pickled onion, bread roll and butter, salad cream, branston pickle, and a cutlery pack with a napkin. £9.50
- Children’s picnic box – Small filled cheese roll, yoghurt tube, box raisins, jammy biscuit, packet pom bears (ready salted), carton of drink. £5.50
Please note the picnic cost does not include train travel, and you will need to purchase an All Day Rover ticket in addition.
Teddy Bears’ Picnic prices
- Adult All Day Rover with Adult’s Picnic – £25.50
- Adult All Day Rover without Picnic – £16.00
- Child All Day Rover with Children’s Picnic – £5.50
- Child All Day Rover without Picnic – FREE
Book Signing at Kingscote
Simon Hall, Author of “Trouble on the Watermeadow Line” and “Crossing Time on the Blueberry Line”, which is loosely based around Bluebell, will be signing books at Kingscote Station over the weekend.
There will be story time taster sessions under the canopy on the paddock side from Saturday 24th – Monday 26th August, from 10am to 4pm. Books will be available to purchase both at Sheffield Park shop and at Kingscote.
Don’t forget to bring your teddy along for this wonderful, magical day out! You can also buy our special Bluebell Teddy Bears in our shop at Sheffield Park, or online here.
Would you like to win a prize? Post a picture of your teddy on his or her Bluebell Railway adventure on Instagram #BluebellRailway or on our Facebook page to win a teddy-tastic gift!
For more events at the Bluebell Railway please visit our events section.