Bluebell On Parade
COMING TO THE BLUEBELL RAILWAY FOR 2023!
A SPECIAL WEEKEND CELEBRATING THE 100TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE FORMING OF THE SOUTHERN RAILWAY & THE 75TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE FORMING OF BRITISH RAILWAYS- SHOWCASING THE VERY BEST OF THE BLUEBELL RAILWAY.
INTRODUCING BLUEBELL ON PARADE!
SATURDAY 10TH AND SUNDAY 11TH JUNE 2023
BLUEBELL ON PARADE TIMETABLE
Our weekend timetable for this event is now available!
Click on the button below to view the timetable for Bluebell On Parade.
BLUEBELL ON PARADE CELEBRATING 100 YEARS OF THE SOUTHERN RAILWAY & 75 YEARS OF BRITISH RAILWAYS!
Ever wondered, How do they do that at The Bluebell Railway? What goes into preparing a steam locomotive? What do you need to volunteer? What’s it like to be a signalman?
Well come and join us for Bluebell on Parade at The Bluebell Railway to find out how!
Let us show you everything we do and how we do it here at the railway, from fabulous teak coach restoration at Horsted Keynes, rebuilding and renovating our stations across the railway, locomotive rebuilds at Sheffield Park, maintaining special railwayana and memorabilia items and so much more. Visit our signal boxes across the railway, see them in operation, experience life on the railway across the ages and ride on our amazing trains through the picturesque Sussex Weald.
More, I hear a cry! Visit our fantastic museum at Sheffield Park and speak to our amazing volunteers throughout the weekend. See some of our preservation societies at work and see some rare locomotives and carriages bringing bought back to life. See our tremendous volunteers at work and have a chance to find out more about that they do. Maybe you’ll be one of those who wish to join us and become part of The Bluebell Railway team!
Get under the surface, literally in our workshop tour you will be able to get under the locos and see below, take photographs and see the under these beasts of burden. For you early birds, see the locos being prepared for the day’s service in the morning at Sheffield Park shed, with the opportunity to speak with the crews as they work, before you enjoy a well earned breakfast in The Bessemer Arms.
So much to do, how can it be done in a day? By train, don’t forget to have a ride too! These weekend services will span across the ages. These will include a pre-grouping train (1870 -1920), a grouping era train (1923-1947) and a BR era train (1948-1968). Also look out for a few surprises along the way throughout the weekend. They’ll be one or two very unique and unusual services which we hope to run. So watch this space!
This weekend is a special, access all areas event which will give you the chance to look at how our railway works. Its an event not to be missed! Normal fares will apply for this weekend and kids get to travel for just £1! Our very popular “Kids For A Quid” Travel Offer will be in place so it’s a great event which is value for money for all the family!
Come and celebrate this weekend of showing what The Bluebell Railway can do this June with “Bluebell On Parade!” Advance tickets on sale now!
Advance tickets – available to purchase until midnight the day before travel.
Upgrades – Rover Tickets are for 3rd class travel only (with the exception of BPRS LIFE Member Rovers which are 1st class). Upgrades to 1st class are available at station booking offices on the day of travel (subject to availability). 1st class Upgrades are £10 per adult and £5 per child.
BRPS – Bluebell Railway Preservation Society. Enjoy many membership benefits including discounted travel. Visit our Membership page for more information and to join.
- Proof of discount eligability will be required to be shown on the day of travel.
- TOC and Heritage Railway reciprocal discounts are available on this service – please contact Customer Service and Sales on 01825 720800
- There are toilets at each of our stations and on some of these services (dependant on carriages on the day)
- Food and drink is available to purchase at all of our stations
- Sheffield Park Station – free parking at the station
- Horsted Keynes Station – free parking at the station
- Kingscote – NO parking is available at this station
- East Grinstead – free blue badge parking (5 spaces). Public parking in East Grinstead
- Children under 3yrs (and babies) travel for free and don’t need a ticket
- Tickets are valid for the date and journey specified on the ticket only
- Advance tickets are valid for 3rd class travel only – first class upgrades are available on the day from the station booking office (subject to availability)
- This service offers free seating
- customers with 3rd class tickets are free to seat themselves on the trains in any 3rd class seat
- customers who purchase a 1st class upgrade on the day may seat themselves in any 1st class seat
- We are pleased to offer a specially adapted area for wheelchair users on some departures of this service. Please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 to check availability
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel on this service, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you
- Accessible toilets are available at each station, but we regret we have no “Changing Places” toilets, or accessible toilets on our trains
- We are pleased to welcome dogs on this service – please keep them on a lead and don’t allow them on the seats
- Prams/pushchairs/buggies are welcome on this service.
- Foldable/collapsible prams/pushchairs/buggies can be taken into the carriages and stowed by your seat
- Non folding/collapsible prams/pushchairs/buggies can be left in the care of the station staff at the departure station