We are pleased to offer a special package for children’s parties!
Our party package includes:
- Half line return travel on a steam train – travelling from either Sheffield Park or East Grinstead stations to Horsted Keynes stations and back again
- Exclusive use of a room at Horsted Keynes for 1 hour and 15 minutes – perfect for playing games, or for an entertainer* to fill your party with laughter and fun!
- Stepney Lunchbox for all children.
£16.75 per Child (Birthday Child Travels for just £5.25)
£16.00 per Adult
Please contact us on 01825 720800 for further information, advance booking is essential.
* We can arrange a magician to entertain the children as part of your package (extra fee applicable), please call for further details.
Joining us for lunch in our Restaurant at Sheffield Park? Or planning a summertime picnic? We have the perfect lunchboxes for the little ones.
Our Stepney lunch boxes are available to purchase in the Bessemer Arms Restaurant. If in a larger party then please pre-order for collection on the day. The lunchboxes can be eaten in the restaurant, picnic areas or on the train.
Lunch Boxes include the following:
- Filled Roll
- Piece of Fruit
- Chocolate Treat
- Juice Carton
- Colouring booklet and crayons
The lunch boxes are priced at £5.25 each. If pre-ordering then payment would be required in advance.
The Bluebell provides younger children between the ages of three and eight with opportunities to learn about the Railway through the medium of The Stepney Club.
The aim is to foster an interest in railways, steam locomotives and our railway heritage; a sort of Thomas the Tank Engine for the discerning.
Stepney is our figurehead engine – he was the first engine to come to the railway in 1960 and featured in his own book (no.18), “Stepney the “Bluebell” Engine” by the Rev. W. Awdry.
Members of the Stepney Club receive and can enjoy:
- A badge, membership card and discounted travel on the Bluebell Railway at any time
- A card from Stepney on their birthday
- A magazine every four months containing stories, pictures, puzzles, information about upcoming events and letters and drawings from members
- A Stepney club carriage on one of our Santa trains at Christmas with half price tickets for members and their families with a free raffle and lucky dip for club members and their siblings
- A summer event – either a birthday party for Stepney on the railway or an outing to a railway themed venue the cost is £8 for a year’s membership, £12 for two years and £16 for three years
If you require further information about the Club this can be obtained from the Membership Secretary Gerry Smith – email@example.com
The Elephant Van was originally used to transport circus elephants has now been transformed into a bright red play carriage especially for our younger visitors. Bring the kids along and let them enjoy themselves in this safe environment, with fun activities which are ideal for children up to 7 years old.
Free Travel for Blue Peter Badge Holders!
The Bluebell Railway is one of over 200 attractions throughout the UK that Blue Peter badge holders can get into for free. At Bluebell Railway, Blue Peter badge holders with a valid badge card are eligible for free One Day Unlimited Travel.
To take advantage of this offer badge holders must be accompanied by a full paying or concessionary adult and a valid badge holders card must be shown at the time of purchase. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Are you looking for a gift for a child who loves the Bluebell Railway?
We can now offer gift cards especially designed for our younger fans. They come in £5 denominations and can be spent at any of the Railway’s shops.