Cream Tea Riviera
Tea for two and two for tea, scones for you and jam for me!
Upgrade on traditional cream tea experiences by travelling in the luxury of a plush vintage dining carriage as you take in the scenic views of Sussex countryside on the edge of the Ashdown Forest.
Starting at Sheffield Park Station, your journey will take you through the area of outstanding natural beauty as you steam towards Kingscote. There will then be a short stop at the picturesque station, before the return to Sheffield Park.
An afternoon with cream tea
A Cream Tea Box is included with your ticket, which contains a savoury roll, assortment of cakes & pastries, scones with clotted cream and jam and tea or coffee.
A gluten free option is also available – please let us know if you would like this when you book.
There are tables for two, three or four, so this experience is great value for the smaller group.
Tables are automatically allocated, so it is first come, first served when booking. The onboard seating capacity on the steam locomotive hauled return trip from Sheffield Park has been reduced to allow for a comfortable socially distanced lunch.
Stepney Boxes are available for children as an alternative to Cream Tea Box, and include a soft savoury filled roll, chocolate treat, fruit snack, carton of juice and a colouring booklet with crayons. Please select the number of boxes you require during the booking process.
- Table 2 – £60.00 | Table for 3 – £90.00 | Table for 4 – £120.00 (£30 per person)
- This includes return travel to Kingscote, your Cream Tea Box and tea or coffee
- We regret we are unable to offer a carers’ discount on this service
For your safety:
- Face Coverings – must be worn in public places such as on the platforms, in the museum and SteamWorks! and when boarding or alighting from the trains in accordance to Government guidance. Removal is acceptable while seated onboard.
- Socially distanced seating – Our onboard seating capacity has been reduced to allow for a comfortable, socially distanced journey.
- Pre-packed food – All meals are hygienically pre-packed in covered boxes.
- We regret that owing to the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel on this service, please call our Customer Services Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
You can find out about all our services and FAQs here.[
The Cream Tea Riviera runs from Sheffield Park on selected Saturdays at 3:30. Tickets must be pre-booked.
Please visit our Timetables and Calendar page to see when all services are running.