Footplate Taster Experiences
Looking for a special and unique Christmas, birthday or retirement present?
Well good news – we will be running our popular Footplate Tasters again in February 2022!
Enjoy a ‘turn’ on the footplate of H-class No. 263 under the guidance of our experienced footplate crews. The perfect experience for anyone who’s ever dreamed of being an ‘engine driver’!
This experience is a last chance to see the H-class in steam, ahead of its withdrawal in February 2022.
Our 2022 Footplate Taster Experiences will be running on selected dates from 1 – 11 February 2022.
Price: £180.00 per person.
The experience includes:
- An individual 1 hour ‘Hands On’ driving experience with one of our experienced loco crews within the station area
- Your own guide to answer questions and give you a tour of Sheffield Park station, with the opportunity to visit the signal box, SteamWorks! and our locomotive workshop
- A hot drink and breakfast bap in The Bessemer Arms at Sheffield Park Station
- A certificate for you to take away on completion
- Be aged at least 18
- Be reasonably fit and in good health – able to ascend and descend a ladder unassisted
- Wear suitable protective clothing, which covers arms and legs at all times. Clothing that may easily melt or catch fire if it comes into contact with hot surfaces/materials is not suitable (e.g. polyester/nylon). Gloves are also advisable
- Wear sturdy footwear
- Not attend the experience under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Read the Medical Standards and meet the standards required in the Medical Self-Assessment Questionnaire before being allowed to take part
- Take a COVID-19 Lateral Flow test the morning before attending the railway for their booked session and provide the result to the railway. Unfortunately a positive test result will mean that you will be unable to participate on the day. Rebooking / refunding will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Participants will be required to complete a medical self-assessment questionnaire prior to taking part. Bluebell Railway reserves the right to cancel bookings were the participant fails to meet the required health standards
- Bluebell Railway reserves the right to reschedule a driving experience if the minimum number of participants booked on a specific day is not reached, or for any other reason
- The locomotives used for this experience are subject to availability