Class 09 Diesel Footplate Taster Experiences
Looking for a special birthday or retirement present? The Class 09 Diesel Footplate Tasters is the perfect experience for anyone who’s ever dreamed of being an ‘engine driver’!
- An individual 1 hour ‘Hands On’ driving experience on the Class 09 Diesel with one of our experienced crews within the station area at Horsted Keynes, doing small shunt moves and short runs on the line
- Your own guided tour of Carriage and Wagon Workshop
- Hot drink and a breakfast bap or a slice of cake in the King George V Buffet at Horsted Keynes Station
- A certificate for you to take away on completion
CLASS 09 FOOTPLATE TASTER EXPERIENCE DATES 2023:
April: 15th & 16th
May: 6th-7th & 13th-14th
September: 9th & 10th
October: 7th-8th, 14th-15th & 21st-22nd
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be reasonably fit and in good health – i.e. able to ascend and descend a ladder unassisted
- Wear suitable protective clothing, which covers arms and legs at all times. Clothing that may easily melt or catch fire if it comes into contact with hot surfaces/materials is not suitable (e.g. polyester/nylon). Gloves are also advisable.
- Wear sturdy footwear.
- Not attend the experience under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Read the Medical Standards and meet the requirements in the Medical Self-Assessment Questionnaire before being allowed to take part
- Participants will be required to complete the Medical Self-assessment Questionnaire prior to taking part. Participants will be emailed with a loco safety briefing, a medical self-assessment form, medical standards, and other technical information.
- Bluebell Railway reserves the right to cancel bookings where the participant fails to meet the required health standards
- Bluebell Railway reserves the right to reschedule or cancel a driving experience if the minimum number of participants booked for a specific day is not reached, or for any other reason
- The locomotive used for this experience may vary subject to availability
- Toilets are available at the Station
- There is free parking at Horsted Keynes Station.
- As this event uses a diesel locomotive, we regret that it isn’t suitable for wheelchair-bound passengers
- Accessible toilets are available at Horsted Keynes Station
- Tickets are valid for the date and time specified on the ticket only
- We regret we are unable to offer any discounts for this service