Giants of Steam Autumn Steam Gala 2023
Our Autumn Steam Gala weekend will be returning to The Bluebell Railway! Giants Of Steam will be a celebration of bigger engines, visitors from other railways and an intensive service throughout the weekend. We look forward to bringing you all this very popular event once again in 2023.
Giants Of Steam is planned to take place between Friday 13th and Sunday 15th of October 2023.
More details on visiting engines, timetables and tickets will be coming soon.
To find out more information, please sign up to our Bluebell Railway Newsletter to find out the latest when its released.
- Proof of discount eligibility will be required to be shown on the day of travel.
- Heritage Railway reciprocal discounts are available for this event – please select BRPS Member rate tickets
- We regret TOC discounts are not applicable to this event
- Children under 3yrs (and babies) travel for free and don’t need a ticket
- Tickets are valid for the date specified on the ticket only
- Advance tickets are valid for 3rd class travel only – first class upgrades are available on the day from the station booking office (subject to availability)
Food and drink:
- Bessemer Arms and platform kiosk at Sheffield Park Station
- George V Buffet at Horsted Keynes Station
- Wellhouse at Kinsgcote Station
- Grinsteade Buffet at East Grinstead Station
- There are toilets at each of our stations.
- There are toilets on some of our trains – please ask station staff for advice on which trains these are available.
- Baby changing facilities are available at each of our stations, but not on our trains
- Sheffield Park Station – free parking at the station
- Horsted Keynes Station – free parking at the station
- Kingscote – NO parking is available at this station
- East Grinstead – free blue badge parking (5 spaces). Public parking in East Grinstead
- We are pleased to offer a specially adapted area for wheelchair users on some services during this event. Please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 for further information.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel during this event, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you
- Accessible toilets are available at each station, but we regret we have no “Changing Places” toilets, or accessible toilets on our trains
- We are pleased to welcome dogs to this event (no ticket required) – please keep them on a lead and don’t allow them on the seats
- Prams/pushchairs/buggies are welcome during this event.
- Foldable/collapsible prams/pushchairs/buggies can be taken into the carriages and stowed by your seat
- Non folding/collapsible prams/pushchairs/buggies can be left in the care of the station staff at the departure station