Ice Skating Returns to The Bluebell Railway
In October 2023.
Fire and Ice!
Come Ice Skating on real ice at Sheffield Park Station in the unique and amazing location of the Locomotive Shed. Glide across the ice and see where the locomotives are prepared in the morning before they steam through the beautiful Sussex countryside. Enjoy the interactive exhibits in SteamWorks! also in the locomotive shed.
Skate sessions are 45 mins and each session starts on the hour. Times for these sessions can be found here
As well as ice skating, the Railway is running its popular ‘Kids for a Quid’ travel offer between the 11th-19th February, with any child (3-15yrs) travelling for £1 when accompanied by a full fare-paying adult. (Travel tickets can be purchased with an additional charge).
Why not do both and make a full day out with us at The Bluebell Railway!
ICE SKATING TICKET PRICES
GROUP ADULT £12
GROUP CHILD £8.50
Groups can be 10 people or more. Group bookings can be made via our Customer Service Team. These can be made either on advance or on the day.
A booking fee of £1.95 is required when booking online.
Ice Skating tickets can be bought on the day of your visit, subject to availability
Location of the event will be at Sheffield Park.
Group rates for larger parties will be available to book. Please contact our customer service team for more details.
Wheelchair users are welcome. Please contact our customer service team for booking.
Under 8’s should be accompanied by an adult when skating.
Ice skates are included with your hire.
Skating aids are available to hire if required with your session.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to essential engineering work taking place between Horsted Keynes and East Grinstead, a shuttle service will be in operation between Sheffield Park & Horsted Keynes Only during this event. No trains will be operating between Horsted Keynes & East Grinstead with both Kingscote and East Grinstead stations closed whilst this work is being undertaken.
A SPECIAL SHUTTLE TIMETABLE CAN BE FOUND HERE
A REDUCED TRAVEL FARE WILL BE IN OPERATION DURING THIS EVENT
Tickets will be available to book online in advance or you can turn up and buy tickets on the day from Sheffield Park station.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Be at least 4 years old. Under 8 years must be accompanied by a ticket paying adult
- Be reasonably fit and in good health
- Not attend the experience under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Ice skating is NOT suitable for:
- Pregnant women
- Anyone with a heart condition
Assumption of Risk:
Skaters and spectators are deemed to have knowledge of and assume the inherent risks which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Injuries resulting from collision or contact with other skaters
- Injuries resulting from falls
- Injuries that involve objects or artificial structures that are properly within the intended path of travel of the skater
- Injuries resulting from wet flooring
- This event will take place at Sheffield Park Station
- Tickets will be dispatched from 2 weeks prior to event date
- We’re sorry but we’re unable to offer any discounts for this service
- Tickets are valid for the date and time specified on the ticket only
- We welcome children 4 and over on the ice rink. All children must be fully supervised at all times. Under 8 years must be accompanied on the ice by an adult. There is a viewing area for the supervision of older unaccompanied children.
- There are toilets at Sheffield Park Station
- There is free parking at Sheffield Park Station, including Blue Badge parking and two electric car charging points.
- Viewing areas will be accessible via ramps. SteamWorks! in the locomotive shed is fully accessible.
- Accessible toilets are available at each station
- We’re sorry but no dogs, other than registered assistance dogs, are allowed in the viewing area.