Fire and Ice!
Ice skating – 12 – 27 February 2022 at Sheffield Park Station
Come Ice Skating on real ice at Sheffield Park Station in the unique and amazing location of the Locomotive Shed. Glide across the ice and see where the locomotives are prepared in the morning before they steam up and down the preserved railway line through 11 miles of beautiful countryside. Enjoy the interactive exhibits in SteamWorks! also in the locomotive shed.
Visit Sheffield Park to skate only or add an All-Day Rover Ticket to your booking and travel behind one of our vintage steam locomotives. It’s Kids for a Quid for February Half Term, so make the most of this huge discount.
Skate sessions are 45 mins and start on the hour.
- 10:00am – 9:00pm Sunday – Thursday (Last session starts 8:00pm)
- 10:00am – 10:00pm Friday, Saturday & Valentine’s Day (Last session starts 9:00pm)
Note: Over 12s only from 6pm
Tickets are available to book online in advance or you can turn up and buy tickets on the day from Sheffield Park station.
|Advance||On the Day|
|Adult – Ice Rink Entry Only||£12.00||£12.00|
|Child – Ice Rink Entry Only||£10.00||£10.00|
- Skate hire is included in the ticket price.
Groups – book as part of a group and save money!
Book as part of a group 0f 10 – 19 people and pay £10.00 per adult and £8.00 per child.
Book as part of a group with 20+ people and pay £9.00 per adult and £7.00 per child.
Please contact our customer services team to book for groups: firstname.lastname@example.org
Skate Aids: Penguins will be available to hire for £5 on the day to assist younger skaters and snowmen for older children and adults.
We have designated wheelchair user slots at 5pm on Tuesday 15 February and 5pm on Tuesday 22 February. If you wish to book on these sessions, please complete the request form below and a member of the team will be in touch to take payment and confirm your booking.
We can also accommodate wheelchair users during regular sessions, depending on numbers. In order for us to assess availability, these tickets must be booked in advance. We ask customers to call or email our customer services team to book ice skating tickets for wheelchair users: 01825 720800, email@example.com.
Please note, for safety reasons wheelchair users must be accompanied by a person wearing ice skates.
Our All Day Rover Tickets let you hop on and off our service trains all day with this flexible ticket to travel, and make the most of all our unique stations have to offer at a leisurely pace.
With this ticket you can start your journey at any of our four stations, but don’t forget to refer to the timetable for the day of travel so you can plan where and when you will catch your trains.
- Be at least 4 years old. Under 8 years must be accompanied by a ticket paying adult
- Be reasonably fit and in good health
- Not attend the experience under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Ice skating is NOT suitable for:
- Pregnant women
- Anyone with a heart condition
Assumption of Risk:
Skaters and spectators are deemed to have knowledge of and assume the inherent risks which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Injuries resulting from collision or contact with other skaters
- Injuries resulting from falls
- Injuries that involve objects or artificial structures that are properly within the intended path of travel of the skater
- Injuries resulting from wet flooring
- This event will take place at Sheffield Park Station
- Tickets will be dispatched from 2 weeks prior to event date
- We’re sorry but we’re unable to offer any discounts for this service
- Tickets are valid for the date and time specified on the ticket only
- We welcome children 4 and over on the ice rink. All children must be fully supervised at all times. Under 8 years must be accompanied on the ice by an adult. There is a viewing area for the supervision of older unaccompanied children.
- There are toilets at Sheffield Park Station
- There is free parking at Sheffield Park Station, including Blue Badge parking and two electric car charging points.
- Viewing areas will be accessible via ramps. SteamWorks! in the locomotive shed is fully accessible.
- Accessible toilets are available at each station
- We’re sorry but no dogs, other than registered assistance dogs, are allowed in the viewing area.