Due to supplier issues, we regret to announce that Ice Skating planned for October has been postponed. We hope to bring Ice Skating back to the Bluebell Railway in February 2023. Please keep a look out for further announcements regarding dates and ticket releases for this event.
Fire and Ice!
Come Ice Skating on real ice at Sheffield Park Station in the unique and amazing location of the Locomotive Shed. Glide across the ice and see where the locomotives are prepared in the morning before they steam up and down the preserved railway line through 11 miles of beautiful countryside. Enjoy the interactive exhibits in SteamWorks! also in the locomotive shed
|Advance||On the Day|
|Adult – Ice Rink Entry Only||£14.00||£14.00|
|Child – Ice Rink Entry Only||£10.00||£10.00|
- Skate hire is included in the ticket price.
Groups – book as part of a group and save money!
Book as part of a group 0f 10 – 19 people and pay £10.00 per adult and £8.00 per child.
Book as part of a group with 20+ people and pay £9.00 per adult and £7.00 per child.
Group rates will be available for groups of more than 12 people. Wheelchair users are welcome. Contact customer services to identify less popular sessions if you need a less busy environment.
Please contact our customer services team to book for groups: email@example.com
Skate Aids: Penguins will be available to hire for £5 on the day to assist younger skaters and snowmen for older children and adults.
Our All Day Rover Tickets let you hop on and off our service trains all day with this flexible ticket to travel, and make the most of all our unique stations have to offer at a leisurely pace.
With this ticket you can start your journey at any of our four stations, but don’t forget to refer to the timetable for the day of travel so you can plan where and when you will catch your trains.
- Be at least 4 years old. Under 8 years must be accompanied by a ticket paying adult
- Be reasonably fit and in good health
- Not attend the experience under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Ice skating is NOT suitable for:
- Pregnant women
- Anyone with a heart condition
Assumption of Risk:
Skaters and spectators are deemed to have knowledge of and assume the inherent risks which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Injuries resulting from collision or contact with other skaters
- Injuries resulting from falls
- Injuries that involve objects or artificial structures that are properly within the intended path of travel of the skater
- Injuries resulting from wet flooring
- This event will take place at Sheffield Park Station
- Tickets will be dispatched from 2 weeks prior to event date
- We’re sorry but we’re unable to offer any discounts for this service
- Tickets are valid for the date and time specified on the ticket only
- We welcome children 4 and over on the ice rink. All children must be fully supervised at all times. Under 8 years must be accompanied on the ice by an adult. There is a viewing area for the supervision of older unaccompanied children.
- There are toilets at Sheffield Park Station
- There is free parking at Sheffield Park Station, including Blue Badge parking and two electric car charging points.
- Viewing areas will be accessible via ramps. SteamWorks! in the locomotive shed is fully accessible.
- Accessible toilets are available at each station
- We’re sorry but no dogs, other than registered assistance dogs, are allowed in the viewing area.