LINESIDE PHOTOGRAPHER'S SAFETY COURSE
Lineside Photography Permits Return To The Bluebell Railway
2023 DATES NOW AVAILABLE FOR OUR LINESIDE PHOTOGRAPHER’S SAFETY COURSE!
Our half-day course will provide you with the essential safety training you need so you can access areas of the railway normally out of bounds and get those fabulous shots.
Applicants must be BRPS members and be able to quote a valid membership number at the time of booking. Details on how to become a member can be found on our website.
Upon completing the course, you will be issued a Line side Photographer’s Permit, valid for 1 year.
Courses are run on selected dates throughout the year and take place in the Bluebell Room above the Loco Works at Sheffield Park Station between 9 am and 12 noon from 2 pm to 5 pm (tea & coffee provided). Courses will run with a maximum of 10 people per session.
The price for the course is £150.00 per person (+ £1.95 booking fee)
The dates these courses will be taking place are as follows:
- Tues 7th March
- Thurs 9th March
- Tues 21st March
- Thurs 23rd March
- Tues 4th April
- Thurs 6th April
- A daily ‘signing-in’ and ‘signing-out’ system will be in operation for all Line side Photographers.
- ‘Signing-in’ and ‘Signing-out’ will be at the Customer Service and Sales Office at Sheffield Park.
- Accredited Photographers will be issued a numbered ‘Photographer’ high-visibility jacket upon receipt of a £10 deposit (payable by cash or cheque only).
- This deposit will be refunded upon surrender of the numbered ‘Photographer’ high-visibility jacket.
- No other high-visibility jackets may be used/worn by any Line side Photographer.
- All photographers must be 16 years of age or older.
- Access is during daylight operating hours on operating days in specified areas and the training will outline that this may be modified/withdrawn at the companies’ discretion e.g. special events, filming, engineering works, Flying Scotsman Running Days.
- No access during adverse weather.
- Photographers will access unsupervised but must declare themselves fit and well and have correct PPE.
- The permit is annual and will need to be renewed.
- All above is subject to satisfactory medical self-declaration which may need additional checks in some circumstances and of course successfully passing the course (no refunds for a fail).
(Pre-booking is essential as places are limited)