New Year's Eve SteamLights 2023
An extra special lights spectacular for New Year’s Eve at The Bluebell Railway!
Our SteamLights service will be running on December 31st 2023, join us and book your tickets now!
Sparkle, glow and shimmer on a magical steam train covered by thousands of colourful lights. Feast your eyes on a magical and spectacular light show as you travel with us through the winter landscape! The best way to start your New Year’s Eve celebration with this early evening special SteamLights service!
- Before boarding, witness the new, big switch-on performance as we light up the darkness of Sheffield Park Station
- Board for the magical journey and be seated in the luxury of your own compartment with your party. Why not make it a whole family affair or bring a group of friends to make the most of the compartment? Then add a special SteamLights picnic box along with your SteamLights experience. (These are to be collected from the Bessemer Arms bar before boarding the train.)
- Journey through the Sussex countryside under cover of darkness, bringing shimmering light and colour as you go. Along the way, enjoy new festive-themed scenes among the trees and clearings and a colourful light show orchestrated in time with music. A multi-sensory feast!
- Arrive at Horsted Keynes Station and disembark for 30 minutes to take photographs of your spectacular train covered in lights. The atmospheric country station adorned with lights and festive decoration provides the perfect backdrop.
- As you return to Sheffield Park, enjoy a second chance to sparkle through the countryside and view the festive scenes you may have missed the first time.
The whole experience will be approximately 1 hour 45 minutes.
Sheffield Park Station will be open from 5:30pm. The switch on ceremony will take place at 6:45pm and departure will be at 7:00pm from Sheffield Park. Arrival time back at Sheffield Park at 8:25pm
This train will be running on DECEMBER 31ST 2023
NYE STEAMLIGHTS FOOD HAMPER
This unique hamper is included when you purchase a ticket to travel on this service. To view the contents of what you’ll be receiving with the NYE Steamlights food hamper, please click here
New Year’s Eve SteamLights
Compartments only, apart from the accessible coach will be available on this train.
Sheffield Park Station is open from 5.30 pm. The switch on ceremony will be taking place at 6:45 p.m. Departure from Sheffield Park will be at 7 p.m. Arrival time back into Sheffield Park will be at 8:25 p.m. Please arrive at least 1 hour prior to departure.
A free glass of Mulled Wine will be available for passengers in the Booking Hall at Sheffield Park
No Santas will be present at this event.
The food hamper is included in the price of the ticket: Please see here to view it.
A children’s hamper can be bought from The Bessemer Arms: priced at £10.
No pre-ordered drinks – these can be purchased at The Bessemer Arms to take on board.
A drinks trolley service will not be available on board.
The Bessemer Arms at Sheffield Park will be open for drinks & festive snacks.
The roundabout at Sheffield Park will be available to ride on, however, there will be no fairground activities at Horsted Keynes available for this service.
The Buffet at Horsted Keynes will be open for mulled wine and festive foods.
There will be a 30-minute break at Horsted Keynes before the service returns back to Sheffield Park.
No dogs, apart from assistance dogs – are allowed to be service, or on the platform of both Sheffield Park & Horsted Keynes.
Buggies & pushchairs will be asked to be left at Sheffield Park prior to departure – this is to ensure safety on potentially crowded platforms.
Guide or assistance dogs are allowed on these services. Dogs other than in this capacity are not allowed on these services.
Customers with vouchers should book directly with customer services (01825 720800 or bookings@bluebell-railway,com). We regret that we cannot process vouchers when booking online at this time.
This service is suitable for wheelchair users, with limited capacity for each service.
If you or a member of your party have mobility difficulties and would like to travel on this service, please call (01825 720800) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
Tickets are available to purchase until midnight of the event.
Any cancellation must be made up to 48 hours prior to the day of travel.
Carers accompanying a registered disabled passenger are required to purchase a travel ticket. Please complete the wheelchair accommodation form to request a booking.We regret members’ tickets and other discounts are not available for this event.