Pie & Mash Specials
Enjoy a delicious supper on board our pie & mash train! 2023 dates now available!
Your steam hauled train will depart from Sheffield Park Station at 6:30pm for the 1¾ hour journey through the beautiful Sussex countryside.
Once onboard, sit back and enjoy your supper (pie and mash followed by a yummy dessert), and take in the views.
Your ticket price includes your journey (approximately 1¾ hours), a delicious supper and dessert and tea/coffee after your meal.
The Bessemer Arms on Platform 1 will be open from 5.30pm – why not pop in for a drink before you board your train?
Tables for 2, 3 and 4 are available.
We are pleased to offer a choice of alternatives for each of the 2 courses for this service – please select your choices during the booking process.
A selection of drinks is available to pre-order and will be available to purchase onboard. If you would like to pre-order these, please make your selection during the booking process.
- We regret we cannot accept changes to menu choices later than 2 weeks before the date of travel, and menu choices cannot be ordered or amended on the train
- Owing to the restrictions and constraints within our heritage vehicles, we regret we are unable to offer alternatives or variances to the published menus
- Owing to ongoing supply problems within the food industry, substitutions may be necessary at short notice
Please arrive no later than 20 minutes before your departure time.
Table for 2 – £80.00 | Table for 3 – £120.00 | Table for 4 – £160.00
(£40.00 per person)
March: 3rd, 10th, 17th and 31st
OWING TO ESSENTIAL ENGINEERING WORKS ON THE LINE, SERVICES UP UNTIL 22ND MARCH WILL TRAVEL BETWEEN SHEFFIELD PARK AND HORSTED KEYNES STATIONS ONLY. AFTER THIS DATE SERVICES WILL TRAVEL BETWEEN SHEFFIELD PARK AND EAST GRINSTEAD STATIONS.
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park Station
- Departure times are fixed and we are unable to offer refunds if customers arrive after departure
- We are pleased to advise that we are now able to take card payments on board this service, cash payments are also accepted.
- We’re sorry but we’re unable to offer any discounts for this service
- Tickets will be dispatchced 2 weeks prior to the travel date
- Tickets are valid for the date and time specified on the ticket only
- We welcome children 3yrs and over on this service. We regret that it isn’t suitable for babies and children under the age of 3. All children must be fully supervised and remain in their seats throughout the journey
- There are toilets at Sheffield Park Station and on the train for this service
- There is free parking at Sheffield Park Station
- Because of the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we regret we are currently unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers. We will be introducing a wheelchair accessible carriage later in the year
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel during this event, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
- Accessible toilets are available at each station, but we regret we have no “Changing Places” toilets, or accessible toilets on our trains
- Seating is at tables and these are automatically allocated by our booking system.
- We do not allocate tables for use by more than one party.
- If you are booking for a large group, the automatic seating process may not seat you all in the same carriage. If you would like to book for a large group and be seated in the same carriage, please email our Customer Service Team at email@example.com or call on 01825 720800 (10am-3pm)
- We’re sorry but no dogs, other than registered assistance dogs, are allowed on this service