Southern At War
We’re thrilled to share the news that Southern At War is making a comeback at The Bluebell Railway in 2024!
This highly anticipated event will transport you back in time, this year celebrating and commemorating the 80th anniversary of Operation Overlord. You won’t want to miss out on a weekend filled with re-enactors, classic vehicles, displays, stands, and more. Get into the spirit of the occasion by dressing up in your finest period clothing and immersing yourself in the fun.
Make sure to mark your calendars and be a part of this heartfelt celebration. Stay tuned for more details on the event, which we’ll be sharing soon. Don’t miss the chance to experience history firsthand!
More details and confirmation of entertainments to follow.
Bookings for exhibitions, vehicles and entertainment is now open, please email here to register your interest in taking part in Southern At War 2024.
- Proof of discount eligibility will be required to be shown on the day of travel.
- Heritage Railway reciprocal discounts are available for this event – please select BRPS Member rate tickets
- We regret TOC discounts are not applicable to this event
- Children under 3yrs (and babies) travel for free and don’t need a ticket
- Tickets are valid for the date specified on the ticket only
- Advance tickets are valid for 3rd class travel only – first class upgrades are available on the day from the station booking office (subject to availability)
- For any reasons for changing any Bluebell booking, you will be required to pay a £10.00 surcharge if you wish to change/amend your booking.
Food and drink:
- Bessemer Arms and platform kiosk at Sheffield Park Station
- George V Buffet at Horsted Keynes Station
- Wellhouse at Kinsgcote Station
- Grinsteade Buffet at East Grinstead Station
- There are toilets at each of our stations.
- There are toilets on some of our trains – please ask station staff for advice on which trains these are available.
- Baby changing facilities are available at each of our stations, but not on our trains
- Sheffield Park Station – free parking at the station
- Horsted Keynes Station – free parking at the station
- Kingscote – NO parking is available at this station
- East Grinstead – free blue badge parking (5 spaces). Public parking in East Grinstead
- We are pleased to offer a specially adapted area for wheelchair users on some services during this event. Please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 for further information.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel during this event, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you
- Accessible toilets are available at each station, but we regret we have no “Changing Places” toilets, or accessible toilets on our trains
- We are pleased to welcome dogs to this event (no ticket required) – please keep them on a lead and don’t allow them on the seats
- Prams/pushchairs/buggies are welcome during this event.
- Foldable/collapsible prams/pushchairs/buggies can be taken into the carriages and stowed by your seat
- Non folding/collapsible prams/pushchairs/buggies can be left in the care of the station staff at the departure station
TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT SOUTHERN AT WAR AND OTHER BLUEBELL RAILWAY EVENTS, SIGN UP TO OUR BLUEBELL NEWSLETTER BELOW:
Artwork kindly supplied by Matthew Cousins