Everyday Train Travel
Come and travel on a steam train at Bluebell Railway!
With daily services running between Sheffield Park and East Grinstead, a day out at Bluebell Railway is a journey through time to enjoy the scenic countryside on the edge of the Ashdown Forest. Visit our timetables and calendar page to see what’s running when.
All Day Rover tickets are available to book online up to midnight on the date before travel. But if you haven’t booked online don’t worry – tickets are available to purchase at any of our stations. See our fares page for pricing.
Information about opening times and what’s on this week is available on our Today at the Railway page.
Please note if you wish to visit us from 8 – 10 October you will need to purchase tickets for our Giants of Steam event.
We ask our visitors to follow Government Covid-19 advice and ‘use personal judgement to manage own risk’.
- All Day Rover tickets will be available from all stations to travel on normal service trains. Tickets will be available to purchase online or on the day. Please see our website for timetables and opening times
- Advance purchase tickets for reserved compartments will be available on all normal service trains for those who wish to segregate from others during their journey. You can book these tickets online. Subject to availability these may also be purchased on the day for services starting from Sheffield Park only
- The legal requirement to wear face coverings will be lifted, however ‘the Government expects and recommends that people wear face coverings in crowded areas’. We encourage our visitors to continue to wear face coverings, particularly in any crowded areas on board our trains and around the Railway
- We ask our visitors to continue to be mindful and respectful of others in regards to social distancing
- We will continue to display QR codes for customers wishing to check in using the NHS COVID-19 app
- We are keeping some of the mitigations such as control of crowds forming, sanitising stations, extra ventilation and some social distancing measures will continue to be in place to enhance visitor safety as life gradually returns to normal
Customers who are feeling unwell or who have had a positive test result and are isolating on their date of travel should not come to the Railway and are asked to contact our customer services team regarding their booking: email@example.com