*Notice to booked customers*
The railway is currently closed until further notice and our customer services staff have been placed on temporary leave (furloughed). This means they are unable to respond to emails and telephone calls for the time being under the terms of the Government’s job retention scheme.
We appreciate your patience at this very difficult time and once we are able to re-open we will contact you to rebook your trip onto one of our future rescheduled services to suit your available dates.
Thank you for your understanding.
Try a scrumptious supper on board our Fish & Chip Specials in 2020!
Your steam hauled train will depart from Sheffield Park station at 6.30pm for the 1¾ hour return journey to East Grinstead.
Once on board, sit back and enjoy your supper, dessert and tea or coffee, while travelling through the beautiful Sussex Countryside. A selection of drinks will also be available to buy during your trip, and you are welcome to arrive earlier to enjoy a drink in the Bessemer Arms before the train departs.
Fish & Chips Special Menus
Traditional, vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and dairy free
Please note we are unable to offer any variation to these menu options.
Why not surprise someone with a gift of Gift Vouchers? These are available online from our shop or in person from our shop at Sheffield Park station. Gift Vouchers are valid for one year from date of purchase. (Your journey may be taken after the voucher expiry date, so long as booking is made before that date.)
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park Station.
- We are pleased to offer 4 choices of menu for this service, but regret we are unable to offer any alternatives to these.
- We welcome children 5yrs and over on this service. We regret that it isn’t suitable for babies and children under the age of 5. All children must be fully supervised and remain seated throughout the journey.
- Dogs (other than registered assistance dogs) are not permitted on this service.
- We are pleased to advise that we are able to accommodate wheelchair users on this service. Please call our Customer Service Team (01925 720800) if you use a wheelchair and would like to book.
- We are currently unable to accept payment by credit/debit card or cheque for drinks and sundries on this service. Payment can be made by cash only until further notice.
Add a little extra – add a celebration pack to make your trip extra special!
We are happy to provide the following on our Fish & Chip Specials for that special occasion –
Table Celebration Pack – £7.50 per table
Card, Balloon, table Sprinkles