Our Full Steam Ahead events are currently suspended.
Please see our current range of services here.
*Notice to booked customers*
The railway is currently closed until further notice and our customer services staff have been placed on temporary leave (furloughed). This means they are unable to respond to emails and telephone calls for the time being under the terms of the Government’s job retention scheme.
We appreciate your patience at this very difficult time and once we are able to re-open we will contact you to rebook your trip onto one of our future rescheduled services to suit your available dates.
Thank you for your understanding.
Looking for a special and unique birthday present?
Well good news – we will be running our popular Footplate Tasters again in 2020!
Enjoy a ‘turn’ on the footplate under the guidance of our experienced footplate crews. The perfect experience for anyone who’s ever dreamed of being an ‘engine driver’!
Times (choose at time when booking)
- Morning Sessions
- 10:00 am
- 11:20 am
- Afternoon sessions
- 1:00 pm
- 2:20 pm
- 3:40 pm
- An individual 1 hour ‘Hands On’ driving experience with one of our experienced loco crews within the station area
- Your own guide to answer questions and give you a tour of Sheffield Park station, with the opportunity to visit the signal box, SteamWorks! and our locomotive workshop
- Hot drink and a breakfast bap or a slice of cake in the Bessemer Arms at Sheffield Park station
- A year’s membership of BRPS (Bluebell Railway Preservation Society)
- A certificate for you to take away on completion
- Be aged at least 18
- Be reasonably fit and in good health – able to ascend and descend a ladder unassisted
- Wear suitable protective clothing, which covers arms and legs at all times. Clothing that may easily melt or catch fire if it comes into contact with hot surfaces/materials is not suitable (e.g. polyester/nylon). Gloves are also advisable
- Wear sturdy footwear
- Not attend the experience under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Read the Medical Brief and meet the standards required in the Medical Self-Assessment Questionnaire before being allowed to take part
- Participants will be required to complete a medical self-assessment questionnaire prior to taking part. Bluebell Railway reserves the right to cancel bookings were the participant fails to meet the required health standards
- Bluebell Railway reserves the right to reschedule a driving experience if the minimum number of participants booked on a specific day is not reached, or for any other reason
- The locomotives used for this experience are subject to availability