Looking for a special and unique Christmas present?
Well good news – we will be running our popular Footplate Tasters again in 2020!
Enjoy a ‘turn’ on the footplate under the guidance of our experienced footplate crews. The perfect experience for anyone who’s ever dreamed of being an ‘engine driver’!
Times (choose at time when booking)
- Morning Sessions
- 10:00 am
- 11:20 am
- Afternoon sessions
- 1:00 pm
- 2:20 pm
- 3:40 pm
- An individual 1 hour ‘Hands On’ driving experience with one of our experienced loco crews within the station area
- Your own guide to answer questions and give you a tour of Sheffield Park station, with the opportunity to visit the signal box, SteamWorks! and our locomotive workshop.
- Hot drink and a breakfast bap or a slice of cake in the Bessemer Arms at Sheffield Park station
- A year’s membership of BRPS (Bluebell Railway Preservation Society)
- A certificate for you to take away on completion
- Be aged at least 18
- Be reasonably fit and in good health – able to ascend and descend a ladder unassisted
- Wear suitable protective clothing, which covers arms and legs at all times. Clothing that may easily melt or catch fire if it comes into contact with hot surfaces/materials is not suitable (e.g. polyester/nylon). Gloves are also advisable
- Wear sturdy footwear
- Not attend the experience under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Read the Medical Brief and meet the standards required in the Medical Self-Assessment Questionnaire before being allowed to take part
- Participants will be required to complete a medical self-assessment questionnaire prior to taking part. Bluebell Railway reserves the right to cancel bookings were the participant fails to meet the required health standards.
- Bluebell Railway reserves the right to reschedule a driving experience if the minimum number of participants booked on a specific day is not reached, or for any other reason
- The locomotives used for this experience are subject to availability