The railway is currently closed until further notice and our customer services staff have been placed on temporary leave (furloughed). This means they are unable to respond to emails and telephone calls for the time being under the terms of the Government’s job retention scheme.
We appreciate your patience at this very difficult time and once we are able to re-open we will contact you to rebook your trip onto one of our future rescheduled services to suit your available dates.
Thank you for your understanding.
Have you always wanted to drive a steam engine?
Bluebell Railway can make your dream come true!
We will be running some very special Full Steam Ahead days for lovers of steam. Come along and experience first-hand firing and driving for that special birthday wish, retirement present or corporate team building exercise.
Full Steam Ahead will be taking place on these dates in 2020:
- 15 May – SOLD OUT
- 12 June – SOLD OUT
- 17 September
- 18 September
Photo credit: Chris Saywood
The train will comprise 4 carriages for the exclusive use of participants and their guests.
Included in the cost is the opportunity to both fire and drive the engine, breakfast on arrival at the Bessemer Arms and a buffet lunch onboard for participants and guests.
It will be a full day starting at Sheffield Park 8.00am finishing there at around 5.00pm. Up to 4 guests per participant are welcome to join you for this exciting day!
- Be aged 18+
- Be reasonably fit and in good health – able to ascend and descend a ladder unassisted.
- Wear suitable protective clothing, which covers arms and legs at all times. Clothing that may easily melt or catch fire if it comes into contact with hot surfaces/materials is not suitable (e.g. polyester/nylon). Gloves are also advisable.
- Wear sturdy footwear
- Not attend the experience under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Read the Medical Brief and meet the standards required in the Medical Self-Assessment Questionnaire before being allowed to take part.
- Participants will be required to complete a medical self-assessment questionnaire prior to taking part
- Bluebell Railway reserves the right to cancel bookings were the participant fails to meet the required health standards
- Bluebell Railway reserves the right to reschedule a driving experience if the minimum number of participants booked on a specific day is not reached, or for any other reason
- Locomotives from our current available fleet will be used and cannot be specified in advance