The Golden Arrow
Luncheon and Evening Silver Service Dining
Bluebell Railway’s Golden Arrow train is the perfect setting for a special meal with friends or an intimate evening for two.
With luxurious Pullman Cars Christine, Fingall, and Car 54, the train recreates the fabulous Golden Arrow which once linked London and Paris with the style and panache which made it one of the most glamorous and famous trains in the world. On board you will enjoy fine food and wine served to the standards of yesteryear.
‘Christine’ and ‘Fingall’ evoke the heady days of the 1920/30s with their unique wooden wall panel Marquetry and plush seating. ‘Pullman Car 54’ built in 1923, originally built as a Kitchen Third by Claytons, was rebuilt in 1937 as a Parlour Brake. It is a historic vehicle, as one of the first three ‘K’-type Pullmans. Returning to service in 2024 following restoration and adaptation at our very own Carriage and Wagon Department to accomodate wheelchair passengers, the first of its kind.
This premier dining service includes a three-course meal and travel on a steam-hauled train through the beautiful countryside of the Sussex Weald to East Grinstead. Your journey will last approximately 3 1/2 hours.
A cup of tea or coffee at the end of your meal is included in the cost, and all other drinks may be purchased and paid for on the train.
All Golden Arrow services begin and end at Sheffield Park Station. The Golden Arrow Dining will depart at 7:00 selected Saturday evenings in 2023, while The Golden Arrow Luncheon will begin at 12:30 on selected Sunday afternoons.
“Our family all find your railway amazing, great fun, delicious food so beautifully presented and hot too. All served with efficiency. So, to you all a huge thank you and so appreciate our tables adjacent. Roll on next year!”
Please note: Departure times are fixed and we are unable to offer refunds if customers arrive after departure.
Please arrive no less than 30 minutes prior to departure for these services.
NEW 2024 GOLDEN ARROW DATES
April 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th
May 5th, 26th
*NEW DATES* June 2nd, 9th, 12th, 23rd
*NEW DATES* July 7th, 14th, 17th, 21st
*NEW DATES* August 10th, 11th, 16th, 18th, 25th
April 6th, 13th, 20th
May 4th, 25th
GOLDEN ARROW PRICES – MARCH TO MAY 2024
Table for 1 – £110.00 | Table for 2 – £220.00 | Table for 3 – £330.00 | Table for 4 – £440.00
Table For 2 (On A Table For 4) – £270.00 | Table For 3 (On A Table For 4)- £355.00
SUMMER GOLDEN ARROW PRICES – JUNE TO AUGUST 2024
Table for 1 – £125 | Table for 2 – £250.00
Table for 3 – £375.00 | Table for 4 – £500.00
Table for 4 – Fingall Coupe- £500.00
Table For 2 (Wheelchair Accessible) – £250.00
Table For 3 on a 4 (Wheelchair Accessible) – £410.00
Table for 2 on a 4 – £320 | Table for 3 on a 4 – £410.00
The supplement fee is £25 per spare seat.
Tables for 2, 3 or 4 are available in ‘Christine’ and ‘Car 54’ and tables for 1, 2, or 3 in ‘Fingall’. In addition, a private compartment for 4 (known as a ‘coupé’) is available in ‘Fingall’.
Wheelchair access Pullman will be located in Car 54
Additional Seat £25 – If the table size exceeds the number of people in the party, it is possible to book that table, paying a supplement of £25 for each empty seat.
If you would prefer exclusive access to a table and do not wish to share with another booking, a supplement is payable for the number of additional seats required. Please add them to your booking accordingly. Not applicable for Coupes. No food included with an Additional Seat.
This service is a premier service and the dress code aboard the train is ‘smart dress’. Adherence to this code is appreciated, and guests wearing jeans and/or trainers are not allowed to board
Witness the murder, then steam through the Sussex countryside while enjoying a 3-course meal and solving the heinous crime!
Following pre-murder drinks (not included in the price), witness the events which lead up to & include the dastardly crime.
Then take your seat aboard a steam train, where detective packs, clues and your 3-course meal await you.
During the journey, cross-examine the surviving characters and carry out other detective tasks.
Look-out for those tricky red-herrings, and remember that the murderer will deliberately lie to protect themselves!
Good Luck Detectives!
We are pleased to offer both traditional and a vegetarian/vegan menus on all of our Golden Arrow services and these menus can be adapted to cater for gluten free and dairy free requirements – please select the menu type required during the booking process.
Due to the restrictions and constraints within our heritage vehicles, we are not able to offer any other variances of these published menus.
Owing to ongoing supply problems within the food industry, substitutions may be necessary at short notice
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park Station
- This service is a premier service and the dress code aboard the train is ‘smart dress’. Guests adherence to this code is appreciated.
Guests wearing jeans/ trainers or not adhering to the dress code will not be allowed to travel on this service.
- Tickets will be dispatched 48 hours prior to event date
- For any reasons for changing any Bluebell booking, you will be required to pay a £10.00 surcharge if you wish to change/amend your booking.
- Card payments will be available on 2024 Dining Train Services
- We’re sorry but we’re unable to offer any discounts for this service
- Tickets are valid for the date and time specified on the ticket only
- We welcome children 14yrs and over on this service. We regret that it isn’t suitable for babies and children under the age of 14. All children must be fully supervised and remain in their seats throughout the journey
- There are toilets at Sheffield Park Station and on the train for this service. There are no accessible toilets available on Car 54 but are available at Sheffield Park & East Grinstead stations.
- There is free parking at Sheffield Park Station
- Accessibilty to all will be made available in 2024 with the introduction of Pullman Car 54 to our Pullman dining trains.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel during this event, please call our Customer Service Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
- Accessible toilets are available at each station, but we regret we have no “Changing Places” toilets, or accessible toilets on our trains
- Seating is at tables and these are automatically allocated by our booking system.
- If you are booking for a large group, the automatic seating process may not seat you all in the same carriage. If you would like to book for a large group and be seated in the same carriage, please email our Customer Service Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01825 720800 (10am-3pm)
- We’re sorry but no dogs, other than registered assistance dogs, are allowed on this service