The Golden Arrow
Our Golden Arrow services are currently suspended until 2022 – but we are running other exciting dining services.
Please see our current dining services
Golden Arrow Luncheon and Evening Dining
Bluebell Railway’s Golden Arrow train is the perfect setting for a special meal with friends. With luxurious Pullman Cars Christine, Fingall, and 1st Class Dining carriage Sapphire, the train recreates the fabulous Golden Arrow which once linked London and Paris with the style and panache which made it one of the most glamorous and famous trains in the world. On board you will enjoy fine food and wine served to the standards of yesteryear.
Menus – Standard, Vegetarian / Vegan, Gluten Free and Dairy Free (click to open)
Please note we are unable to offer any variation to these menus.
A selection of cheeses from the British Isles with chutney and biscuits is available to pre-order as an additional course. If you would like to add this to your meal, please select at the time of booking.
- A cup of tea or coffee at the end of your meal is included in the cost. All other drinks may be purchase and paid for on the train.
- A selection of wines is available to pre-order at the time of booking. These may also be purchased and paid for on the train.
For a lovely present for that special someone, why not purchase Gift Vouchers? These are available online from our shop or in person from our shop at Sheffield Park station. (Gift Vouchers are valid for one year from date of purchase. Your journey may be taken after the voucher expiry date, so long as booking is made before that date.)
Add a little extra – add a celebration pack or souvenirs to make your trip extra-special.
Table Celebration Pack – £7.50 per table
Card, Balloon, table Sprinkles
Golden Arrow Pullman Story – £5.00
Lovely souvenir book telling the story of Bluebell Railway’s Golden Arrow illustrated with many beautiful colour photographs.
Bronze Key Fob – £3.50
Golden Arrow Pen – £3.50
Enamel Fridge Magnet – £3.50
Enamel Teaspoon – £5.50
Enamel Pullman Badge – £7.99
Wine Stopper – £7.95
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park station. On some services, it may be possible to travel from East Grinstead station to join the Golden Arrow using one of our normal service trains. On some days it may also be possible to disembark from the Golden Arrow at East Grinstead instead of Sheffield Park or to take a normal service train from Sheffield Park back to East Grinstead. Our Customer Service Team (01825 720800) will be able to advise for which days these options are available.
- The Golden Arrow is a premier service and, as such, the dress code aboard the train is ‘smart dress’ and guests adherence to this code is appreciated. Guests wearing jeans and/or trainers may not be allowed to board.
- Your Golden Arrow ticket includes travel on connecting Bluebell Railway services and your trip on the Golden Arrow but is not valid on any other of our train services.
- Departure times may vary, please check when booking.
- We welcome children five years and over on our Luncheon trains, and over the age of 14 on our Evening Dining service. We regret that this service is suitable for children or babies under the age of five. All children must be fully supervised and need to remain seated throughout the journey.
- Dogs (other than registered assistance dogs) are not permitted on the Golden Arrow.
- We regret that owing to the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers. If you have mobility issues and would like to travel on the Golden Arrow, please call our Customer Services Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
- We are currently unable to accept payment by credit/debit card for drinks and sundries on our Golden Arrow trains. Payment can be made by cash only until further notice.