Traditional Afternoon Tea served as you steam through the beautiful Sussex countryside.
Enjoy a relaxing journey, travelling in one of our four comfortable 1950/60’s lounge or restaurant carriages on our dedicated Afternoon Tea train, the Wealden Rambler.
Your traditional Afternoon Tea includes a choice of luxury teas, followed by a selection of delicious sandwiches and mouthwatering cakes, tarts, scones, and shortbread.
The Wealden Rambler runs on most Saturday afternoons, some weekday afternoons, and other special days throughout the year from February to October.
The train departs at 2.45pm (Feb, Mar, Oct) or 3.15pm (Apr – Jul) from Sheffield Park station for a return journey to East Grinstead and back, of approximately 1¾ hours.
Wealden Rambler specific vouchers purchased prior to 13th April 2019 remain valid until their expiry date and may be redeemed at no extra cost.
Afternoon Tea Menus
Please let us know at the time of booking which of the following menus you would like:
Wealden Rambler (traditional)
Plumpton Green ( vegan and gluten-free)
Owing to the nature of the experience we regret we are unable to offer variations to these options.
For a lovely present for that special someone, why not purchase Gift Vouchers? Gift Vouchers are available online from our shop or in person from our shop at Sheffield Park station. (Gift Vouchers are valid for one year from date of purchase. Your journey may be taken after the voucher expiry date, so long as booking is made before that date.)
Add a little extra – add a celebration pack to make your trip extra special!
Table Celebration Pack – £7.50 per table
Card, Balloon, table Sprinkles
Celebration 1 – £30.00
Table Celebration Pack plus Cake (serves 12)
Celebration 2 – £65.00
Table Celebration Pack plus Cake (serves 12) and bottle of Champagne
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park station. On some services, it may be possible to travel from East Grinstead station to join the Wealden Rambler using one of our normal service trains. On some days it may also be possible to return to East Grinstead from Sheffield Park on one of these trains. Our Customer Service Team (01825 720800) will be able to advise for which days these options are available.
- Your Wealden Rambler ticket includes travel on connecting Bluebell Railway services and your trip on the Wealden Rambler but is not valid on any other of our train services.
- Departure times may vary, please check when booking.
- We welcome children over the age of 5 years on the Wealden Rambler, and children. We regret that neither service is suitable for children or babies under the age of 5. All children must be fully supervised and need to remain seated throughout the journey.
- Dogs (other than registered assistance dogs) are not permitted on the Wealden Rambler.
- We regret that owing to the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers. If you have mobility issues and would like to travel on the Wealden Rambler, please call our Customer Services Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
- We are currently unable to accept payment by credit/debit card for drinks and sundries on our Wealden Rambler trains. Payment can be made by cash or cheque only until further notice.