- You can book tickets for our Festive Afternoon Tea here.
Traditional Afternoon Tea as you steam through the beautiful Sussex countryside.
Enjoy a relaxing journey, travelling in one of our four comfortable 1950/60’s lounge or restaurant carriages on our dedicated Afternoon Tea train, the Wealden Rambler.
Your traditional Afternoon Tea includes a choice of luxury teas, followed by a selection of delicious sandwiches and mouthwatering cakes, tarts, scones and shortbread.
This service begins at Sheffield Park Station. Please see our menus below for all dietary requirements.
Tickets cost £45.00 per person.
You can buy tickets for our Christmas Afternoon Tea here.
For your safety:
- Face Coverings – must be worn in public places such as on the platforms, in the museum and SteamWorks! and when boarding or alighting from the trains in accordance to Government guidance. Face coverings can be removed when seated on board, but will need to be worn if passengers leave their seat to use the toilet, and when entering and leaving the train.
- Socially distanced seating – Our onboard seating capacity has been reduced to allow for a comfortable, socially distanced journey. Passengers are asked to remain in their allocated seats throughout the journey, unless they need to leave their seat to use the toilet.
- Table service – All meals are hygienically pre-plated. All our serving staff have been fully trained and will follow the government guidelines for serving of food and drinks.
Please visit our Covid-19 Safety measures page to read about all the measures we have put in place to ensure your visit is safe and enjoyable.
- We regret that owing to the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers.
- If you or a member of your party have mobility issues and would like to travel on this service, please call our Customer Services Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
You can find out about all our services and FAQs here.
Afternoon Tea Menus (click to open)
We offer traditional, vegetarian, gluten-free and vegan menus. Owing to the nature of the experience we are unable to offer variations to these options.
Please state at the time of booking which menu you would prefer.
The Government has announced changes that came into force in England on Monday 14 September limiting the number of people who can meet socially. Visitors to Bluebell Railway have to be in groups of six people or fewer unless you are visiting as a household or support bubble which is larger than six. For more information please visit our Covid-19 Safety Measures page