The Bluebell Railway’s Golden Arrow Pullman dining train is the perfect setting for a special meal with friends or an intimate evening for two. With Pullman Cars, Christine and Fingall, the train recreates the fabulous Golden Arrow which once linked London and Paris, with the style and panache which made it one of the most glamorous and famous trains in the world. Once on board, you will enjoy fine food and wine served to the standards of yesteryear.
Our First Class carriage Ashdown is also used in the Golden Arrow Dining Train set. This carriage was originally built to convey passengers from Waterloo Station to the port of Southampton to catch the Trans Atlantic Liners. Whilst not being quite as ornate as a Pullman, Ashdown is extremely comfortable, has a lovely ambiance and you will experience exactly the same level of service as in Christine and Fingall.
The service departs from Sheffield Park Station and travels through the beautiful countryside of the Sussex Weald. Our Golden Arrow runs on Saturdays (evening dinner) and Sundays (luncheon) from April to October. Additional services are also offered during Special Events, and at Christmas.
Evening services depart at 7.30pm and your journey will last around 3½ hours. Luncheon services depart at 12.3opm for services in Jan, Feb & Mar, and at 1.00pm for services from April to Oct and your journey will last around 3 hours.
We welcome children over the age of 5 on the luncheon trains and children over the age of 14 on the evening dinner service. We regret that neither service is suitable for children and babies under the age of 5.
- Journey times may vary from time to time owing to operational requirements
- It is requested that children travelling on our dining trains remain seated throughout the journey
- Dogs (other than assistance dogs) are not permitted on our dining trains
- We regret that owing to the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers. If you have mobility issues and would like to travel on the Golden Arrow, please do call our Customer Services Team who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
- We are currently unable to accept payment by credit/debit card for drinks and sundries on our Golden Arrow trains. Payment can be made by cash or cheque only until further notice
For a lovely present for that special someone, why not purchase Golden Arrow Gift Vouchers? Gift Vouchers are available online from our shop or in person from our shop at Sheffield Park station. (Gift Vouchers are valid for one year from date of purchase. Your journey may be taken after the voucher expiry date, so long as booking is made before that date.)
Come and join us for a very special Golden Arrow Christmas Dinner. Beautifully decorated for the Christmas season, the Golden Arrow will be running special evening trains on selected dates in December 2018.
- We regret that it will not be possible for passengers to leave the train early at East Grinstead station for these services.
New Year’s Eve Gala Dinner
Steam into the New Year with our fabulous New Year’s Eve Gala Dinner. A special 5-course menu with pre-dinner sparkling wine & canapés. You’ll be making a special stop at Horsted Keynes to welcome in the New Year to the chimes of Big Ben!
2019 dates are currently being finalised and should be available in early December. Please complete the Contact Form below to register your interest. We will get in touch once we have confirmed 2019 dates.
To make a reservation please call 01825 720800
Add a little extra – add a celebration pack or souvenirs to make your trip extra special!
Table Celebration Pack – £7.50 per table
Card, Balloon, table Sprinkles
Celebration 1 – £30.00
Card, Balloons on table, Cake (serves 12)
Celebration 2 – £65.00
Card, Balloons on table, Cake (serves 12), Bottle of Champagne
Golden Arrow Pullman Story – £5.00
Lovely souvenir book telling the story of Bluebell Railway’s Golden Arrow, illustrated with many beautiful colour photographs.
Bronze Key Fob – £3.50
Golden Arrow Pen – £3.50
Enamel Fridge Magnet – £3.50
Enamel Teaspoon – £5.50
Enamel Pullman Badge – £7.99
Wine Stopper – £7.95
Ale Pack – £9.95