Golden Arrow Evening Dining
Bluebell Railway’s Golden Arrow dining train is the perfect setting for a special meal with friends or an intimate evening for two. With luxurious Pullman Cars ‘Christine’ and ‘Fingall’ and First Class carriage ‘Sapphire’ the train recreates the fabulous Golden Arrow which once linked London and Paris with the style and panache which made it one of the most glamorous and famous trains in the world. On board you will enjoy fine food and wine served to the standards of yesteryear.
The service departs from Sheffield Park Station and travels through the beautiful countryside of the Sussex Weald for two return trips to Kingscote. Our Golden Arrow Dinner trains run regularly on Saturdays from February to November, and depart from Sheffield Park Station at 7:30pm. Your journey will last around 3 1/2 hours.
We welcome children over the age of 14 on this evening dinner service. We regret that this service isn’t suitable for young children and babies.
You can buy tickets for our Golden Arrow Luncheon service here.
Menus – Standard, Vegetarian / Vegan, Gluten Free and Dairy Free (click to open)
29February, 30 May, 25 July, 29 August & 3 October
2 May, 6 June, 1 August, 5 September, & 10 October
9 May, 13 June, 15 August & 12 September
23 May, 18 July, 22 August & 19 September
Please note we are unable to offer any variation to these menus.
For a lovely present for that special someone, why not purchase Gift Vouchers? These are available online from our shop or in person from our shop at Sheffield Park station. (Gift Vouchers are valid for one year from date of purchase. Your journey may be taken after the voucher expiry date, so long as booking is made before that date.)
Add a little extra – add a celebration pack or souvenirs to make your trip extra-special.
Table Celebration Pack – £7.50 per table
Card, Balloon, table Sprinkles
Golden Arrow Pullman Story – £5.00
Lovely souvenir book telling the story of Bluebell Railway’s Golden Arrow illustrated with many beautiful colour photographs.
Bronze Key Fob – £3.50
Golden Arrow Pen – £3.50
Enamel Fridge Magnet – £3.50
Enamel Teaspoon – £5.50
Enamel Pullman Badge – £7.99
Wine Stopper – £7.95
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park station. On some days, it may be possible to travel from East Grinstead station to join the Golden Arrow using one of our normal service trains. We regret that it will not be possible, however, to disembark from the train at East Grinstead. Our Customer Service Team (01825 720800) will be able to advise for which days this option is available.
- Your Golden Arrow ticket includes travel on connecting Bluebell Railway services and your trip on the Golden Arrow but is not valid on any of our other train services.
- The Golden Arrow is a premier service and, as such, the dress code aboard the train is ‘smart dress’ and guests adherence to this code is appreciated. Guests wearing jeans and/or trainers may not be allowed to board.
- Departure times may vary, please check when booking.
- We welcome children 14 years and over on this service. We regret that this service isn’t suitable for young children and babies. All children must be fully supervised and need to remain seated throughout the journey.
- Dogs (other than registered assistance dogs) are not permitted on this service.
- We regret that owing to the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers. If you have mobility issues and would like to travel on the Golden Arrow, please call our Customer Services Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
- We are currently unable to accept payment by credit/debit card or cheques for drinks and sundries on our Golden Arrow trains. Payment can be made by cash only until further notice.