Bluebell Railway’s Golden Arrow dining train is the perfect setting for a special meal with friends or an intimate evening for two. With Pullman Cars ‘Christine’ and ‘Fingall’ and First Class carriage ‘Ashdown’ the train recreates the fabulous Golden Arrow which once linked London and Paris with the style and panache which made it one of the most glamorous and famous trains in the world. On board you will enjoy fine food and wine served to the standards of yesteryear.
‘Christine’ and ‘Fingall’ evoke the heady days of the 1920/30s with their unique wall panel marquetry and plush seating. ‘Ashdown’ hails from the 1950s and provides equally comfortable and plush surrounding, being built to convey First Class passengers from Waterloo to board Transatlantic liners at Southampton in the glory days of ocean travel.
The service departs from Sheffield Park Station and travels through the beautiful countryside of the Sussex Weald. Our Golden Arrow runs on Saturdays (Evening Dinner) and Sundays (Lunch) from March to October. Additional services are also offered during Special Events, and at Christmas.
Evening services depart at 7.30pm and your journey will last around 3½ hours. Lunch services depart at 12.45pm and your journey will last around 3 hours.
We welcome children over the age of 5 on the luncheon trains and children over the age of 14 on the evening dinner service. We regret that neither service is suitable for children and babies under the age of 5.
For a lovely present for that special someone, why not purchase Gift Vouchers? These are available online from our shop or in person from our shop at Sheffield Park station. (Gift Vouchers are valid for one year from date of purchase. Your journey may be taken after the voucher expiry date, so long as booking is made before that date.)
Add a little extra – add a celebration pack or souvenirs to make your trip extra-special.
Table Celebration Pack – £7.50 per table
Card, Balloon, table Sprinkles
Celebration 1 – £30.00
Table Celebration pack with Cake (serves 12)
Celebration 2 – £65.00
Table celebration Pack with Cake (serves 12) and Bottle of Champagne
Golden Arrow Pullman Story – £5.00
Lovely souvenir book telling the story of Bluebell Railway’s Golden Arrow illustrated with many beautiful colour photographs.
Bronze Key Fob – £3.50
Golden Arrow Pen – £3.50
Enamel Fridge Magnet – £3.50
Enamel Teaspoon – £5.50
Enamel Pullman Badge – £7.99
Wine Stopper – £7.95
Ale Pack – £9.95
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park station. On some services, it may be possible to travel from East Grinstead station to join the Golden Arrow using one of our normal service trains. On some days it may also be possible to disembark from the Golden Arrow at East Grinstead instead of Sheffield Park or to take a normal service train from Sheffield Park back to East Grinstead. Our Customer Service Team (01825 720800) will be able to advise for which days these options are available.
- The Golden Arrow is a premier service and, as such, the dress code aboard the train is ‘smart dress’ and guests adherence to this code is appreciated. Guests wearing jeans and/or trainers may not be allowed to board.
- Your Golden Arrow ticket includes travel on connecting Bluebell Railway services and your trip on the Golden Arrow but is not valid on any other of our train services.
- Departure times may vary, please check when booking.
- We welcome children five years and over on our luncheon trains, and children 14 years and over on our evening dinner service. We regret that neither service is suitable for children or babies under the age of five. All children must be fully supervised and need to remain seated throughout the journey.
- Dogs (other than registered assistance dogs) are not permitted on the Golden Arrow.
- We regret that owing to the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers. If you have mobility issues and would like to travel on the Golden Arrow, please call our Customer Services Team on 01825 720800 who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
- We are currently unable to accept payment by credit/debit card for drinks and sundries on our Golden Arrow trains. Payment can be made by cash or cheque only until further notice.