Enjoy a delicious two-course lunch aboard ‘The Sussex Belle’
Enjoy a relaxing journey travelling in one of our three comfortable 1950s-1960s lounge and restaurant carriages on our dedicated luncheon train, the Sussex Belle.
A delicious two-course meal will be served at your seat by our dedicated stewards, and includes a seasonal main course and a mouth-watering dessert. Coffee and tea will also be available to compliment your meal.
Menus differ throughout the year and can be seen below. A vegetarian option is also available, please make sure you let us know during the ordering process if you would like this.
The Sussex Belle departs from Sheffield Park Station to East Grinstead for a return journey through the beautiful Sussex countryside of approximately 1¾ hours.
- All trains depart from and return to Sheffield Park station. On some days it may be possible to travel from East Grinstead Station to join the Sussex Belle using one of our normal service trains. On some days it will also be possible to return to East Grinstead from Sheffield Park on one of these trains. Our Customer Service Team (01825 720800) will be able to advise for which days this option is available.
- Your Sussex Belle ticket includes travel on connecting Bluebell Railway services and your trip on the Sussex Belle but is not valid on any other of our train services.
- This service is a premier service and, as such, the dress code aboard the train is ‘smart casual dress’ and guests adherence to this code is appreciated. Guests wearing jeans and/or trainers may not be allowed to board.
- Departure times may vary, please check when booking.
- We welcome children 5yrs or older on this service. We regret that it isn’t suitable for babies and children under the age of 5. All children must be fully supervised and remain seated throughout the journey.
- Dogs (other than registered assistance dogs) are not permitted on this service.
- We regret that owing to the age and design of the carriages used for this service, we are unable to accommodate wheelchair-bound passengers. If you have mobility issues and would like to travel on this service, please call our Customer Services Team (01825 720800) who will be happy to discuss your requirements with you.
- We are currently unable to accept payment by credit/debit card or cheques for drinks and sundries on our Sussex Belle trains. Payment can be made by cash only until further notice.
Add a little extra – add a celebration pack to make your trip extra special!
Table Celebration Pack – £7.50 per table
Card, Balloon, table Sprinkles